• ...and so much more!
  • Waynetucky10

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    just picked up a browning bps 20 gage that is scrached and scuffed on butt stock. was told the finish is car urethane gloss. not sure and do not know how to find out for sure. furniture restorer quoted 50 dollars over the phone. or do i talk to car painter?

fergie22

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    walkerton
    i just refinished my savage 720 a clone of the browning humpback 12 gauge i bought a casey birchwood kit it has everything to reblue and refinish the stock except sand paper and steel wool it has simple to follow instructions and it came out looking pretty good and this was my first attempt hope this is helpful

:twocents:

semper fi :patriot:

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    The Browning high gloss poly finish is a real SOB to get off the wood, to me it would almost be worth paying fifty to have it removed. If you decide to do it yourself it will take chemicals to remove it ot a ton of sandpaper as it clogs up sandpaper in an instant. Talk to the old guys in your local paint shop and ask them what remover will work best on a heavy poly urethane finish.

Jeremy05

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Greenwood
    I would recommend having someone do it if they will do it for $50. But you might want to ask to see some things that they have done before. Just because they said they can do it for $50 does not mean they will do it to your standards. I have found that our the hard way.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    I did a Model 81 Lever action a few years ago, it took 6 hours of screwing with it to get it stripped, $50 is a good deal. I just re-stained the wood and did an hand-rubbed oil finish, no more gloss for me.

Top Bottom