• ...and so much more!
  • Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I've been trying to reload my 454 Casull brass for a few weeks now, and NO ONE has 250gn or 300gn bullets in stock.

Went to a local 'outdoorsman' type shop in Greenwood today, and they wanted $42 for a box of 50. That's not going to happen. Does anyone know of a small online bullet company that sells custom made JHP / JSP / JFP in .451 in the correct weights?

I've already been to Midway, Midsouth, etc. I've also looked at Zero, Montana, and Berry's. I don't want lead, I'm looking for jacketed. I'm also looking for a manufacturing company, not a middleman distributor.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    The shop in question has lost all of my business. In the past six months their pricing has increased to beyond Gander Mtn. levels.

I know where my next hazmat order is coming from - and I buy all my projectiles from Natchezss or Midway depending on sales.

I have 350 240gr XTP's sitting on the shelf right now, but they're earmarked for a load development/hoarding project for the winter.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I pretty much get all my jacketed bullets at Natchez. I trust the Hornady XTP/Mag and I don't know of any that can beat the price of XTP's, or the accuracy.

Bullets | 452 | Hornady Ammo - Natchez Shooters Supplies

Gander Mountain in Castleton usually has the 300gr XTP/M and 250gr XTP on the shelf. Gas vs. shipping cost usually ends up at a wash on a single box of bullets.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Not sure what firearm you are using but casting big 45s is the way to go. You save money quickly and really don't give up anything this caliber offers.:)

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    The shop in question has lost all of my business. In the past six months their pricing has increased to beyond Gander Mtn. levels.

You're absolutely right. Yesterday was my last trip down there. And besides, they wrapped up my primers, and half of them were the wrong kind. I know I should have checked, but when the top box says "small pistol" and three of the five aren't, its annoying. And $60 for a set of carbide dies? HP-38 is $27/lb? C'mon.

Never again.

gixer454

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Logansport
    Did you ever find a small company that manufactured the bullets you were looking for? If so, are you selling bullets or can you point me in the right direction for some?

Top Bottom