• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    ok im starting to decide what to try im my 300 wby it has 1-10 twist and a 26 inch barrel

im thinking of starting with a barnes mrx 165 gr and 64.5 gr of imr 4350

anyone got a better idea or see anything wrong with this setup my main goal will be to kill paper at ranges from 100-800 yds

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Brutally honest? Wrong caliber, wrong rifle. If you are doing it just to do it, don't let my opinion stand in your way.

Load up 50 rounds of 175 Sierra's (or 165 Barnes with your powder charge)to max velocity in your 300 Weatherby, then shoot them all in 50 minutes or so. Convince yourself that it was fun, then load up 50 for your 243 and do it again. I'll bet the 243 is plenty accurate enough and a lot more fun.

You ask for advice elsewhere on this forum, then ignore that advice. You know what you want to do, so just do it.

I am interested in your after action reports though, no matter what you choose to shoot.

Regards

(BTW, do you have a 427 1969 Vette?) I gotta know......

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Brutally honest? Wrong caliber, wrong rifle. If you are doing it just to do it, don't let my opinion stand in your way.

Load up 50 rounds of 175 Sierra's (or 165 Barnes with your powder charge)to max velocity in your 300 Weatherby, then shoot them all in 50 minutes or so. Convince yourself that it was fun, then load up 50 for your 243 and do it again. I'll bet the 243 is plenty accurate enough and a lot more fun.

You ask for advice elsewhere on this forum, then ignore that advice. You know what you want to do, so just do it.

I am interested in your after action reports though, no matter what you choose to shoot.

Regards

(BTW, do you have a 427 1969 Vette?) I gotta know......

i had a 69 sting ray (69 was the only year that stingray was sting ray) but i sold it about a year or so ago. it was bright red and would fly. but its gone now. it is my name on every form from when i had it and i would never get usto a new name

Top Bottom