• ...and so much more!
  • indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    So I decided that I "needed" an old RCBS Jr press in addition to my Rockchucker and old Lyman turret (and yes, I know I might be sick).

So I wander over to Ebay and place bids on a few. Next thing I know, my reloading fever takes over and I'm winning the autions for THREE of them, and the auctions are all ending soon. Not sure whether to :ugh: or :rockwoot:.

Once again, my wallet may take a beating because of my reloading fever. The good news is, if I win all three, and YOU want one, just keep an eye on the INGO classifieds... because I won't be keeping all three!

Just curious, does anyone else buy presses, dies, and other reloading stuff on Ebay? If so, any great scores? Or did you ever end up with more than you needed (like I mgiht)?

hbarn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Lake Station
    I bought a Lee 1000. It was almost new. The person had it set up wrong. It came with all the extras. I paid less than what the press comes alone. I know some people do not like Lee but with a little patience it works great. I also bought dies. Everything works and I got them for a good price. You just have to be carefull!

Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    I haven't been having much luck lately, most of what I've been after has ended up going for a few dollars less than new. Not quiet my idea of a good deal...

I must say though that I question the wisdom of bidding on 3 of the same item???? I mean there have to be more than 3 RCBS Jr.'s out there, and you really didn't need it tomorrow did you?? :)

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    I must say though that I question the wisdom of bidding on 3 of the same item???? I mean there have to be more than 3 RCBS Jr.'s out there, and you really didn't need it tomorrow did you?? :)

Right, I'm not too smart. Thankfully I only wound up winning 2, so there will be one in the INGO classifieds sometime soon.

Last edited:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    So I decided that I "needed" an old RCBS Jr press in addition to my Rockchucker and old Lyman turret (and yes, I know I might be sick).

So I wander over to Ebay and place bids on a few. Next thing I know, my reloading fever takes over and I'm winning the autions for THREE of them, and the auctions are all ending soon. Not sure whether to :ugh: or :rockwoot:.

Once again, my wallet may take a beating because of my reloading fever. The good news is, if I win all three, and YOU want one, just keep an eye on the INGO classifieds... because I won't be keeping all three!

Just curious, does anyone else buy presses, dies, and other reloading stuff on Ebay? If so, any great scores? Or did you ever end up with more than you needed (like I mgiht)?

Don't want to scare you, but a reloading press is heavy, shipping will be big $$$:twocents:

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Don't want to scare you, but a reloading press is heavy, shipping will be big $$$:twocents:

And therein lies the problem. I found a good deal on a press on ebay, won it, but after shipping I probably saved around 20 bucks over buying it new. Works great though.

When I was buying all my initial equipment, I bought a lot of stuff on amazon. The prices were decent and I was able to find quite a bit that was eligible for free shipping when it was all put together.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I've made soem good deals onebay for reloading stuff. Back when they sold brass and bullets, I found soem really great stuff on there, like a big ole sack of .351WSL brass and a set of dies for it as well! And .43 Mauser brass. Good stuff. I rarely buy dies on there because I'm partial to Lee dies and I'd prefer to get them new,so I know they are good. It's hard to muck up an old cast ironreloading press, and have bought a few on there to get buddies started reloading. My favorite thing to look on ebay for is bullet moulds. You can find some great ones on there for steals sometimes. I've found most all of my favorite moulds on ebay over the years.

Doug K

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    I have picked up a couple sets of dies in the past year. They were a good deal -- with shipping they were about 70% of new retail pricing. The sets were immaculate
    & have worked well.

Top Bottom