• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    They did this sort of thing during the uprising in Warsaw in 1944. And then again during the first Israeli/Arab war in 1947.

I really, I mean really hope we never have to resort to this again.

It is good knowledge to have. You never know.....

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    Looked pretty interesting. Wish I had sound to see if the person in the video was saying anything.

Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    Hard part is finding strike anywhere matches, all you ever see anymore are strike on box stick matches since strike anywhere are so dangerous and we have to be protected!

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    I'm a little surprised that none of the material falls out. Also curious why he uses a c-clamp instead of a normal priming tool. Only thing I can think of is he wants to flatten out that dimple he was talking about

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    While this seems pretty cool and it's good to know that you CAN do it, I don't see any reason why you SHOULD it. Primers are one of the inexpensive pieces to reloading. Really doesn't seem worth the time required. If we were at war and I could no longer purchase primers, then OK. Other than that, I really don't see myself giving this a try.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    There was someone in another thread talking about learning how to do this very thing. I'll see if I can find the thread.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Strike anywhere matches take up more space than primers and the cost for a case of primers is not that much more than for enough matches to do it.

OTOH, making your own priming compounds, while more complicated than using matches, is about as complicated as making meth, and not any more dangerous. It's some fairly basic chemistry.

It's neat to know how to do, and I've learned a ton of TEOTWAWKI skills similar to it, but like most of them I don't see it as really practical even then.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    This was brought up in the who you want in a SHTF situation. While it was neat, like others have said, right now it makes much more sense to stock pile the primers themselves. Not much more expensive and take up much less space.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    You buy strike anywhere at rural king? Maybe paranoid but now I think I found out the Gov. is taking them off the shelf.:xmad:

VAN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    My question is, if you have to do this in a SHTF situation might you also need a recipe for smokeless powder? Just thinking...

Top Bottom