• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Win1300

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    New Palestine
    Hello, These rifles came out in the past year or so and i have been looking up and down for a stock kit or any kit to convert my Remington 597 to the VTR with out having to buy a VTR. I bought my 597 three years ago from Dicks Sporting Goods for 100 bucks when i worked there. Good deal for the gun. its OD green stock with a Remington scope.

If any on can point me in the right direction to find this kit ( if it exists) or just a good site where multitude of parts and accessories can be bought for the 597.

Thanks!

Remington%20597%20VTR%2022LR%202%20full.jpg

Last edited:

chickenman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Monroe County
    I did this same thing to my 597 that chamber in 22lr. I used a
    archangel kit I found on ebay. Pretty cool kit. The only things the VTR rifle has over this is a heavier barrrel. This kit has the weaver rail system so I could use my scope that came with my rifle. I went to local gun shop because I was a little confuse on what I needed. 8 bucks later I was mounting my scope on the rifle. It feels very comforable in my hands and really change the looks of this gun. Go to ebay and type in 597 archangel. Hell looks like it cheaper now then when I did mine. Have fun!!!!

Top Bottom