• ...and so much more!
  • rem700

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    my wife bought me a remington 770 for my birthday in .270
    can any of you guys give me any info on this gun? :dunno:
    not going to have a chance to shoot it for a while, but am curious. action seems kinda loose without any ammo running through it......thoughts?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I was suckered into getting the 770 once (and in .270). Sold it VERY quickly due to the poor quality of the rifle, not to mention lack of aftermarket items (goodies). I now own a 700 in .270 and am MUCH happier with it.

The stock was very loose and could not be tightened. Inconsistant barrel pressure from the stock shoved the rounds everywhere. Despite having good glass (a decent Nikon, which now sits on my 700), the rifle could not hold better than 4 MOA with my handloads, 5 with factory loads. A cursory glance online pretty much summed up my experiences with other owners. :( No improved stocks available, no better trigger components (the trigger was horrible gritty). All in all, I might keep one if handed to me, but would long for my 700 instead.

Now, that being said: There have been decent reports from folks online, so the single experiences are usually ones of dissatisfaction. For that one bad report, there are probably several good ones that folks aren't talking on. :)

rem700

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    sounds like ill have to shoot it and find out what the story is. thanks for the reply

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    The problem with doing away with the 770 is that your wife got it for you, I still have a h/r 32 that my wife got me years ago, I've shot it twice, will I ever part with no!, it's not worth the heart ache from her, do yourself a favor shoot it to make her happy;), then get ya a 700 Rem, they are great:)

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    When I bought my 308 bolt it was between the 770 and a comparably priced Savage non accu-trigger. I wanted to want the Remmy, but it felt like junk in my hands compared to the Savage. :twocents:

Top Bottom