• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I recently bought an extended magazine tube for my Remy 870 12 gauge, but don't have the recommended Dent Raiser to take out the dimples to be able to actually use the extra magazine/tube space. I really don't want to just file off the dimples as I understand it'll likely show through the magazine tube as holes once I get them low enough.

Does anyone on here have the tools to remove the dimples without damage or has a Brownell's Dent Raiser I could "rent"?

I can't see wanting the extra 2 shells enough to invest $80 more dollars in the tool.

Thanks in advance...

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I will buy one if you are willing to chip in $20 and we can get at least one more person to agree to chip in $20. I will send it to you after I use it and you send it to the next guy and he then send it back to me.

Anyone else need to remove dimples?

Last edited:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Mine's drilled. Barrel ring covers holes.
    Paid $215 for the used Express Supermag turkey model yrs ago.
    Took all the camo tape off..........like brand new.
    Hunted doves and turkeys with it. The latter in the rain.
    Still looks new and it's been over a decade.
    Holes are of no concern.
    Water gets into receiver when its bad too.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I've used a dremel tool and a socket before. Find a socket with the OD about the same diameter as the ID of the tube, put an extension on it, and tap it with a hammer.

Sometimes the socket will come off the extension, and what's left of the tabs keeps it in there and can be a pain to get out. That's where the dremel comes in handy

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Knock the bump down with a socket. Then dremel it smooth. Good to go. You don't need that Brownells tool. It's a waste of money.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I used the socket method on mine. It worked really well and didn't cost me anything but about 5 minutes of my time. The plastic factory follower that came in my gun just glides right past where the bumps used to be.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I also used the socket and dremel method. I actually used two slightly different sized sockets in sucession to push the dimple out and then used the dremel. Can't remember the socket sizes.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    The socket method has been around for quite some time but don't forget the rule that he who dies with the most tools wins :):

I'm still leaning towards the tool from Brownells if anybody wants to join in with Shoots4fun and I. I will buy it if one more person is interested in chipping in $20 for the use of it.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I drilled mine out 15yrs ago. I was an impatient 16yr old who didn't know any better. Fortunately, it has worked out just fine.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I don't have a clue what the brownells tool is but it sounds like a really simple lathe job to me. Take a piece of pre-hard 4140 etc, turn to right diameter, turn taper on end to gradually "press" dimples back out... can somebody point me to the brownells tool? Am I missing something? Sounds like something I could make in a half hour...

Top Bottom