• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    Im trying to replace the handguard, pistol grip, and folding buttstock on a Century VZ2008 Sporter. I know that most people turn their nose up at anything from Century, but my question is are these milspec to the Czech Sa vz. 58?? If I buy a stock system advertised for the 58 will I have any problems mounting it to the century? the stock that came on the rifle looks like its made from recycled grocery bags. I appreciate any help, just dont beat me up too bad for owning the weapon, thank you

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    The guys at Mako Defense (who make stocks for the Vz.58) tell me that the specs on the Century guns varies quite a bit. You may be able to mount mil-surp parts, and you may not (or you may need to do some fitting). Their stocks sometimes work and other times don't.

All you can do is buy a stock you're interested in and see if you can get it mounted.

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    i know centurys have very inconsistant machining, but im hoping any issues i run into with this overhaul can be handled with a dremel

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Like Full Auto said, buy it and try it. OR, if you are willing to wait a few months, I will be able to tell you. Start searching around here for vz 2008. I have quite a few resources listed for them, and there are more. Don't be ashamed to own that particular rifle, they fully kick ass.

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    Like Full Auto said, buy it and try it. OR, if you are willing to wait a few months, I will be able to tell you. Start searching around here for vz 2008. I have quite a few resources listed for them, and there are more. Don't be ashamed to own that particular rifle, they fully kick ass.
    picture.php
    century definatly has alot of haters, and when i got my WASR i found out why, I basically had to finish the machining myself, the action was very rough, but this vz2008 was extremely smooth right out of the box, its a great rifle but alot of times when you mention certain companies the thread becomes a debate over the weapon, and never answers the question

Top Bottom