Rescued a kitten from the blizzard .. it needs a home (lafayette area)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Wish I could have come, but I'm not up to that drive today; some kind of flu or something lingering. Just got up from a nap. Now the anticipation :)

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Well, she's home now, that didn't take long. Small and fuzzy and heartbreakingly cute. Showed her the facilities, food, water, box. Ptraci hissed at her, Muffin was a lot better behaved. Katie was invisible as usual. She jumped in the wastebasket, then went behind the dresser, so pix will have to wait. I'm payin the bills, so I get to name her Dagny :) Kitties get to stay in the bedroom until we get things better arranged; Ptraci has a compulsion to knock things off shelves and whatnot, and Trillian (black lab/GSD) still has a compulsion to chew on them.

Mrs Evilwrench

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    The kitten purred almost the whole way home- or was that my son?!! She was passed around the family and labeled as "too much cute for one kitty"! She napped next to me and has made the acquaintance of the Resident cats: Muffin sniffed her, pronounced her acceptable, and then resumed her "pet me" command post; Ptraci hisses and stays away- for now; Katie, I'm sure, couldn't care less....so all in all, I'd say a successful transition! Thanks, KBailey, for posting about her!!

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    So glad she found a good home. I was afraid my wife was going to see her and officially cross over into "crazy cat lady" status by making me go get her.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm glad she found a good home. My kitties approve.

One of my cats is coming up 15 years old, and I rescued her from a barn cat fate when she was a kitten. She came home with me and has followed me from room to room ever since. She's not really a lap cat, but she'll curl up right next to me wherever I am.

Right now she's sitting on the floor right next to me waiting for me to get to a more feasible spot for her to lay next to me and purr and get pet.

kbailey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Lafayette
    The kitten purred almost the whole way home- or was that my son?!! She was passed around the family and labeled as "too much cute for one kitty"! She napped next to me and has made the acquaintance of the Resident cats: Muffin sniffed her, pronounced her acceptable, and then resumed her "pet me" command post; Ptraci hisses and stays away- for now; Katie, I'm sure, couldn't care less....so all in all, I'd say a successful transition! Thanks, KBailey, for posting about her!!

Your son was quite excited so maybe ... just kidding.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying Dagny and you managed to coax her out from behind the dresser. My fish also thank you for taking her.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis

Thanks for taking her you guys. I saw this thread and thought about it but I already have 6 cats, the last one showed up on my doorstep skinny and hungry.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Well, Dagny's getting settled in; Ptraci still hisses at her, but she's hissing back now. I expect them to be best friends in a few days. She's excruciatingly cute, and I got a few pix. Between me being in suboptimal condition and, well, kind of lazy, and a balky USB port on this laptop, I haven't had them ready yet, but here some are:

DSCN0030.jpg

DSCN0031.jpg

DSCN0027.jpg

ooh, and with Ptraci, who doesn't usually look so bad tempered...
    DSCN0034.jpg

as well as the tip of Muffin's tail.

kbailey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Lafayette
    She looks much more comfortable and happy than when I found her in the bushes or when she was in my office. Looks like she has plenty of company to keep her entertained too.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I am so NOT a cat-person, however this thread rocks. Rep added to KBailey for finding a good home for Dagny and to the Evilwrenchs for making a good home for her.

Happy New Year, all.

Blessings,
    Bill

Jason91887

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Glad you found a home for this gorgeous cat! I would have had to make a road trip if not, I have been keeping my eyes open for a kitten in need of rescue, as I have been cat-less since my ex took them all with her!

Top Bottom