• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson
    Interesting. Since she was suicidal and intentionally crashed the vehicle, I see where the rescuers have a case.

This wasn't an accident. It was intentional... which IMO (IANAL) makes her criminally liable.

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    This has to be one of the most ridiculous this I've read in awhile. What is this world coming to?

CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    Told authorities that "she had wanted to end her life that day" :rolleyes: How many times have I read that someone who wanted to take there own life, when givin a second chance, realize it was the wrong thing to do.

Last edited:

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    No one forced them to help. They had a choice. They made their choice and now they have to deal with the consequences.

What kind of vehicle you drive?

Just want to make sure I don't go out of my way to save you if you wreck your vehicle...... Hehe. ....jk... But seriously did you think maybe they only got mad and thought she should compensate them for their injuries after finding out later that it was an intentional wreck?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    "I'm going to kill myself by running into a bridge rail in my car and hope it catches fire". . . . .oooh it burns, help me help me!!! I feel for the rescuers and feel she should be held liable.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    What kind of vehicle you drive?

Just want to make sure I don't go out of my way to save you if you wreck your vehicle...... Hehe. ....jk... But seriously did you think maybe they only got mad and thought she should compensate them for their injuries after finding out later that it was an intentional wreck?

You know what truck I drive. You caravaned with Jerry and I out to the Sniper Saturday. And thanks again for letting me use your "Easy upTent" that day.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    You know what truck I drive. You caravaned with Jerry and I out to the Sniper Saturday. And thanks again for letting me use your "Easy upTent" that day.

Haha yes....hence the "jk".....I was just trying to be a smartass... Anyone rocking INGO stickers gets an auto assist!

Oh yeah...forgot not everyone is a nerd like me....jk=just kidding. Normally I try not to use text speak but posting from my phone.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    It did not say she wrecked on purpose. They found out she talked about killing herself and now they want a payout. **** up a rope. Hay what do I know, I'm an ass.

I guess if I was injured saving someone I might chalk it up to doing the right thing. But if I found out that the person had put themselves in the situation on purpose, I would be pissed (if I had been hurt). I can understand their reasoning.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I guess if I was injured saving someone I might chalk it up to doing the right thing. But if I found out that the person had put themselves in the situation on purpose, I would be pissed (if I had been hurt). I can understand their reasoning.

^^^pretty much says what I've been trying to convey.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I didn't read the article, and am not going to.

But I'd rather live in a society where there are people who are willing to come to the aid of strangers. When the need is immediate there is no time to stop and ask if it's deserved or not.

Having been in the position many times in my life where I've risked my life to help other people whose lives were in danger, I get pretty pissed at people who put us into that situation deliberately. Through stupidity is bad enough. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that for 100% of the people whose lives I've saved, each and every one of them is very glad I did.

You wanna off yourself, that's your business. Don't do it in a manner that puts other people at risk.

CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    I didn't read the article, and am not going to.

But I'd rather live in a society where there are people who are willing to come to the aid of strangers. When the need is immediate there is no time to stop and ask if it's deserved or not.

Having been in the position many times in my life where I've risked my life to help other people whose lives were in danger, I get pretty pissed at people who put us into that situation deliberately. Through stupidity is bad enough. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that for 100% of the people whose lives I've saved, each and every one of them is very glad I did.

You wanna off yourself, that's your business. Don't do it in a manner that puts other people at risk.

Well Said, ;)

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    ^^^yup, I like that.

If it was a true accident, I feel for the guys being hurt, but I would also look at it as a badge of honor so to speak.

But if she did try to kill herself which caused harm to 2 other people, she is liable. I don't think I would have the ability to sue her, but I'm not living with it like those guys are.

Top Bottom