• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    There would be no legal challenges. It would be perfectly legal for them to ban weapons completely on their property.
    Agreed that that they would be fully within their rights. However that doesn't mean that they wouldn't incur challenges, legal or otherwise. Guess I didn't make that too clear in my brief reply. ;)

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Agreed that that they would be fully within their rights. However that doesn't mean that they wouldn't incur challenges, legal or otherwise. Guess I didn't make that too clear in my brief reply. ;)

Nope, wrong. You can't sue anyone to make them allow you to carry in their private business. At this point the right to bear arms isn't a civil right in the same vein as not being discriminated against because of race, color or religion in a private establishment.

Can we hope that the Obama administration will take that up as their next great discrimination cause such as gay marriage. Sure we can hope. Bwa, ha, ha, ha :laugh:

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    They could most definately put up a sign banning guns in their stores but choose not to. They sell much more than just coffee so there is no reason to not support them simply because you don't like coffee or their particular coffee. And if you think you have to spend over $2 you are wrong. So stop making excuses and support them or simply state that you don't want to be bothered by this. Mamby Pamby's......

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    My email to them
    Hello,

I had recently heard about a call for a boycott of your stores regarding the firearm carry stance; the stance being “We comply with local laws and statutes in all the communities we serve. That means we abide by the laws that permit open carry in 43 U.S. states.” I very much appreciate the Starbucks corporation, abiding by the local laws and respecting the natural rights of it's patrons, as outlined in the law; as a result I decided to participate in the following event today https://www.facebook.com/events/261743290558881/

The reason for my visit was based in gun ownership, personal protection and personal freedom beliefs. I want to thank the corporation as well as my local store for a very pleasant experience, great Hot Chocolate and blueberry scone; knowing that I am welcome, while carrying my firearm, in your stores and having such a great experience today. I do plan to return to the store around the corner soon.

Again thank you for your support and hospitality.

Remember this is a corporate not store level policy, I'd suggest also voicing your appreciation/support here: Starbucks Digital Network Comments & Questions | Starbucks Coffee Company

And I received a response today (I wrote it on Tuesday, if they've had that many positive emails from OCers from that one day I think we've made an impression)...
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you for letting us know about your support for our position on gun control and the open carry policy. Hearing feedback straight from our customers is invaluable. I will be forwarding your comments on to the appropriate department.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Thanks again for writing us. If you ever have any questions or concerns in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Sincerely,

I think collectively gun owners have had a real impact, and I hope word gets out to other businesses that supporting the rights of customers, including self protection and firearm carry, is good for business; the more that goes smoothly pleasantly and positively the more that classical conditioning of gun owner = good guy can start to pay off.
    [/FONT][/FONT]

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    I stopped in not just on 2/14 but the rest of the week in my two local Starbucks and made a point to talk to the managers on duty.

Now, I didn't carry because I don't have my license yet. But during the talk I had with one, he was really impressed with the way everyone was taking it (from both sides). He did say that their store had a boost in sales, and saw over 50 $2 bills come through the door.

When I went back that next morning, the recognized me, and it was kinda awesome. Plus, the manager I spoke to the day before was there and training a new guy for a different store and they both said they were very impressed with the local gun owners. That we were being more 'civil' that some of the boycott-ers at other locations.

I'm proud of Starbucks. :)
    Plus, they hung up the little poster/explination I printed out.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I stopped in not just on 2/14 but the rest of the week in my two local Starbucks and made a point to talk to the managers on duty.

Now, I didn't carry because I don't have my license yet. But during the talk I had with one, he was really impressed with the way everyone was taking it (from both sides). He did say that their store had a boost in sales, and saw over 50 $2 bills come through the door.

When I went back that next morning, the recognized me, and it was kinda awesome. Plus, the manager I spoke to the day before was there and training a new guy for a different store and they both said they were very impressed with the local gun owners. That we were being more 'civil' that some of the boycott-ers at other locations.

I'm proud of Starbucks. :)
    Plus, they hung up the little poster/explination I printed out.
    Great job. I need to get back in there and show some more support. I was on there on 2/14 as well, but didn't hit the bank for the $2 dollar bill, but we did tell them why we stopped. Even ran into another gun owner, talked for awhile and told him about it too. So, he went over and talked to the manager as well. He was a regular there, cause they already had his cup ready when he got to the store. We all sat together and had a pretty good talk.

packinpastor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    I work as a Barista at "a company" that you supported on 2/14 and had the pleasure of speaking with several customers who came in as part of the Buycott. Thats actually why i found this forum and appreciate the knowledge on the site. I'm just moving to Richmond, IN from Virginia and am glad there is a community like INGO. Our store profits were up and the deposit slip looked crazy with the $2 bills we had to write in. You made a difference. :)

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I work as a Barista at "a company" that you supported on 2/14 and had the pleasure of speaking with several customers who came in as part of the Buycott. Thats actually why i found this forum and appreciate the knowledge on the site. I'm just moving to Richmond, IN from Virginia and am glad there is a community like INGO. Our store profits were up and the deposit slip looked crazy with the $2 bills we had to write in. You made a difference. :)

That is actually great to know that we made a difference. I know I was kind of curious about how it all went, just did not think we would ever hear anything back. Well, WELCOME to the Forum, and feel free to ask questions.

Top Bottom