• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I have been looking for a replacement pair of boots for the past couple of years without luck until now. Let me show you my new favorite footware. I introduce you to the Danner Mountain Light II boots. I was throughly impressed with every detail of the purchase from clicking on the web to tying the laces. I also have to compliment Danner on wonderful customer service as they cover the return shipping if you get the wrong size (like I did).

I choose the Mountain Light II for a couple of reasons.

* Durability
    * Style
    * Features - GORE-TEX and Vibram outsoles
    * Made in the USA
    * Price - they were 50% off when I bought them

I have been browsing boots at Gander Mountain and Dick's for the past couple of years and have been very disappointed with the selection. When I read this thread about a 50% discount, I was sold.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ner_boots_50_off_one-day-only_12_04_10_a.html

They were listed for $250 and the 50% made them $125. After some tax, they ran my Discover card for $133.75. I see this as an extremely great price for a great pair of boots.

Here's how they arrived:

IMG_3944.jpg

IMG_3945.jpg

Nothing special on the packaging, I was just feeling inspired by esrice's great photography on his reviews and classifieds.

Now for some more shots of the boots.

IMG_3946.jpg

IMG_3947.jpg

IMG_3948.jpg

IMG_3950.jpg

IMG_3949.jpg

I was the model and the photographer, so I got some blurry shots. This gives you an idea of what the boots look like with jeans.

IMG_3952.jpg

Kind of another blurry shot... My feet look small to me in these pictures. Note - these are size 10.5.

IMG_3953.jpg

I really like the way the laces go way down to the toes. For whatever reason, I like the look at them. I like looking down at these new boots.

IMG_3951.jpg

I have only been wearing these boots for short periods to break them in, so I can't give a 5,000 mile review. I can say I am totally happy with the boots. Even though they are expensive up front, I can guarantee these boots will provide me with years of service. In addition, they are recraftable so technically they could possibly outlive me.

Here are the specs from Danner's webpage:

Boot Details

• Made in the USA
    • 100% waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX® liner is engineered to keep your feet dry and comfortable - even in extreme conditions
    • Full-grain, one-piece, all-leather upper offers a classic look with superior waterproof protection and durability
    • Danner's hand crafted stitchdown construction provides a wider platform for increased stability underfoot. This construction makes the boot recraftable in our Portland factory
    • Danner® Airthotic® a half- length, molded polyurethane instep that cups the heel and supports the arch area of the foot
    • Vibram® Kletterlift outsole is specifically designed for comfort and durability. The heel provides lightweight comfort as well as superb shock absorption. The compound guarantees great traction and stability on both wet and dry surfaces
    • Fiberglass shank
    • 5" height
    • Men’s 62 oz
    • Recraftable
    I give a solid :yesway: and would guess these should earn a 9+ / 10 stars in my book.

flyinlow78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Let us know how you like them after you've worn them a while. I have a pair of Cabela's trail hiker boots that I love, but they are discontinued now. I have had Danner's in the past and had good luck with them. I have a pair of Elk Hunter Danner's and my only concern about the lace to the toe concept is that it seemed like the top of my feet couldn't wick away moisture as well since there was so much material over them.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Let us know how you like them after you've worn them a while.

Well, I have worn them for about a week straight and they quickly have become my most favorite footwear. The first couple of days they felt a little funny during the break in, but now they are very comfortable. My last pair of boots were about 1/2 size too small, so that's another reason these feel so good.

They offer great traction in this snowy season. I have shoveled some light snow in them and moisture was no concern. They are easy on and easy off.

I change my rating to a 9.75 / 10. Not sure why they are not just 10/10, but I didn't want anyone to think my number was cooked. Just saying... :)

Top Bottom