Not open for further replies.

NovemberKilo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    DonHumeH721OT.jpg

As mentioned in my Beltman review, I have two carry belts: one black, one brown. When I carry OWB, my rig is the Don Hume H721 OT on the brown horsehide Beltman belt. When I carry IWB, my rig is the Sidearmor IWB on the black bullhide Beltman belt.

On to the review...

I have owned this holster and carried it regularly for almost three years. For some reason, I like the contrast of the black Glock in a brown holster.

When I first decided to try carrying OWB (still concealed, however) I was skeptical of the assertion that an OWB holster could conceal as well as an IWB model. The Don Hume H721 OT revolutionized my thinking. While it does not hold the gun nearly as low to the waistline as an IWB model, it does "suck" the grip right into my kidney area - which conceals my G19 very well.

I will say that it does not conceal *quite* as well as my IWB holster, but considering I am toting a mid-size firearm very comfortably, I'll take that trade-off all day long.

Where this holster really wins is in maintaining its form, color and tolerances through so much use. I wear this holster to the range. I carry with it 60% of the time. I've taken it on and off hundreds of times... Through all that, it still looks and feels like it did when it was brand new.

As mentioned above, it is also extremely comfortable. In the summer I will wear it under an un-tucked short-sleeve button-up shirt with no undershirt and it feels great. I have never had any issues with sweating, chafing or anything like that. In the winter, I will carry with a tucked-in shirt and a cover jacket... I don't speak Spanish very well, but "muy perfecto" comes to mind as an appropriate phrase. ;)

All in all, of the dozen or so OWB holsters I have tried in my decade of carrying a firearm, I feel the Don Hume H721 OT to be the best bang for my buck. The holster is affordable and widely available and does a great job for what it is.

Verdict: Wear it with a good belt and the right outfit and you will be very pleasantly surprised by the H721 OT's comfort and ability to conceal. Highly recommended.

:twocents:

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom