• Status
    Not open for further replies.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I bought it last year during the Black Friday sale, but haven't been shooting until this past week. I also didn't worry too much about it because at the time I only had one AR, and it has a TA33-8 on it. Well after putting together my new A4 rifle, I decided to mount an MBUS rear sight and the RDS on the upper.

The first 3 shots using the MBUS were not even on the paper. After 3 clicks up on the front post and about 6 clicks right, I was close enough to call it zeroed and chalk it up to me needing more practice. I do find it interesting though that I have an MBUS on my 6920 and seem to be more accurate with it than the 20 inch. Next I added the Primary Arms sight. Right out of the box, the windage was right on- 3 shots dead center longitude. A little adjustment up and I was shooting in and (mostly) just outside the bullseye.

Some observations from my first use of a PA RDS. My only other previous experience with a dot sight was an EoTech 512, which i didn't really care for all that much.

1) I was impressed with the mounting screw. Granted I only shot a handful of mags, but the screw never came loose at all. I cannot say the same for the factory ACOG mount, which is why I upgraded to the vastly superior LaRue QD mount.
    2) I don't care much for the adjustment on the RDS compared to the ACOG. It seemed like I didn't know how many clicks I moved; I just twisted it a little and opened fire again.
    3) I love being able to shoot with both eyes open. Obviously you can do this with the ACOG, but I find it much easier with the PA because it's not magnified.
    4) I love being able to use my BUIS without having to remove the RDS.
    5) I have never used an Aimpoint, but after a morning of using the PA, I have a good idea as to why they are so popular. The PA is accurate and pretty easy to use. I wouldn't mind getting an Aimpoint now.
    icon_smile_big.gif

6) I like the price. Paying $50 for this sight was worth it, assuming it will be durable. I don't intend on going to war, so I am expecting it to last a fairly long time.
    7) The battery life seems pretty good. Obviously not an Aimpoint, but when compared to the EoTech I had, it is excellent. The 512 drained batteries quickly, even though it was rarely used.

Overall I am pretty happy with my purchase. Before I knew any better, I spent more on a cheap BSA tacticool optic that was a POS. It seems Marshall has a nice product at a nice price.

Even though I shouldn't post it because it's embarrassing, here's my last target. In my defense some shots were taken from a bench, some while standing and some while crouching. Half are using the BUIS and some with the PA. The last shot I took was with the RDS and it hit the bullseye. At least I ended my range trip on a high note. :):

Thanks for reading.

20110504095151.jpg

20110504162650.jpg

20110504162614.jpg

Original thread here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...148026-review_primary_arms_red_dot_sight.html

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom