• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I've been working on building a varmit gun for the ranch for times like this:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ess/70760-thwarted_a_massacre_last_night.html

and

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/survival_and_disaster_preparedness/92692-chickenless-3.html

so regular readers may remember my post about getting this:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/112358-m_and_p_15-22_first_impressions.html

Irregular readers may want to try more fiber.

Just before I had to leave for Thanksgiving to break some more rocks I got my Streamlight TLR-2 in. I have the TLR-1 on my AR15, but like having a laser for night work.

Today I mounted the TLR-2 on the bottom rail of my my 15-22 and got to test it out and get it lined up and zeroed. My first impression is that because the laser sticks out of a hump on the body of the light, opposite the mount, its zero line is going to be fierce. I was right. Since engagement range is between 25 and 100' I wanted to zero it at 50'. But that made it as much as 2" off at close range.

I will say it was fun rapid hip shooting the 15-22 and holding a 1" circle at 50'.

I think I'm going to put the TLR-2 on the AR15, move the TLR-1 and get a LaserMax for the 15-22. That way I can zero the TLR-2 for 100' and have less problems with its offset. I know it sounds like a small difference, but trying to hit a 6x8" moving target when you've just awakened is a real challenge and I need all the edge I can get against the insurgents.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've got a TLR-2 on a glock right now and it's a good thing for home defense, but finding a holster is a pain.

I've had the same TLR-2 on an AR and it's nice, but when looking through sights on top of the barrel and having a laser under the barrel can also play games with your shot.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've got a TLR-2 on a glock right now and it's a good thing for home defense, but finding a holster is a pain.

I've had the same TLR-2 on an AR and it's nice, but when looking through sights on top of the barrel and having a laser under the barrel can also play games with your shot.

The primary use for this will be night time shooting where I won't be using the sights at all. The AR wears an Eotech which will be the primary daytime sighting.

I've got the TLR-3 on the bedside glock, I figure that the circle of light at inside the house engagement range is accurate enough for those distances though I'm really not worried about break-ins, we have fairly good perimeter security.

FordMan79

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    Southeast Indiana
    The primary use for this will be night time shooting where I won't be using the sights at all. The AR wears an Eotech which will be the primary daytime sighting.

I've got the TLR-3 on the bedside glock, I figure that the circle of light at inside the house engagement range is accurate enough for those distances though I'm really not worried about break-ins, we have fairly good perimeter security.

How do you like that TLR-3? I was going to buy one for my glock for HD.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    How do you like that TLR-3? I was going to buy one for my glock for HD.

For an interior to the house llight on my bedside gun, a Glock 21, it's nice, and I liked the price when I picked up two on sale for $80@ At 12' the circle is about a foot across and is centered, so if I have the light on someone center of mass that's where the bullet hits. It's the same width as the G21, so it's probably be too wide for a smaller gun.

How bright is it?

Rated at 135 lumens. The throw is decent and it has enough area light for my purposes to light up my chicken yard without blinding me.

The laser is ok in overcast, but I lose it in bright sunlight past 50' or so depending on the background.

Top Bottom