• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    so its been hard to keep this under my hat. i was talking to a swarovski marketing man about there scopes. we decided to do a little torture test of them and this is what we came up with. the shotgun shot is @ roughly 14 yards and all the rifle shots are @ roughly 100 enjoy and let me know what you think.

when we started this i was not sure how it would go. now after extensive tests i will say these scopes are tough as nails. i was absolutly amazed at how well it did.

do yourself a favor and watch both videos

YouTube - swarivski scope torture test and review #1

YouTube - swarovski torture test and review #2

here are some pics of what the scope looks like today

GEDC0611.jpg

GEDC0612.jpg

GEDC0613.jpg

GEDC0616.jpg

Last edited:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Wow, I knew it would survive your test, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was super nervous. Swarovski is great stuff.

Is that a Larue mount? It deserves some major credit for holding zero like it did.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    That is definatly a tough *** scope. There is nothing like a real world test. Companies can claim that their scopes are durable, but nothing proves it like real world torture tests.

flyinlow78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    So what does one do with a scope after abusing it like that?

If you are open to more torture testing, I have a more "real world" test I'd be curious about.

How about dropping it from shoulder height onto concrete. Suppose you were carrying your rifle and it slipped off your shoulder and landed on the scope. Are these scopes 50 proof? I wonder what your testing does to the warranty :D

Very nice review though. If I ever need a scope that I can shoot at or take boating when I have my boating accident I know what brand to buy ;)

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    So what does one do with a scope after abusing it like that?

If you are open to more torture testing, I have a more "real world" test I'd be curious about.

How about dropping it from shoulder height onto concrete. Suppose you were carrying your rifle and it slipped off your shoulder and landed on the scope. Are these scopes 50 proof? I wonder what your testing does to the warranty :D

Very nice review though. If I ever need a scope that I can shoot at or take boating when I have my boating accident I know what brand to buy ;)

one of the next test will interest you, yes these scopes are 50 proof. we tried a bunch of stuff that didn't make the cut that would blow your mind about these scopes but we dont want to flood youtube with 10 videos all at once because folks will loose interest so we will introduce a new video every now and then. testing will be on the exact same scope that has been shot 6ish times and thrown in a pond 5ish times. you dont get this filming right on the first take.

the thing is i know most scopes will never be shot with a 12 ga. but we are looking for side impact tests as if the gun were dropped off off your shoulder. it would take a pretty good drop to match the 12 ga test.

the pond is another thing that will never happen to most scopes. we are trying to work with worst case scenerio. x company says "our scope will be fine in the rain, its rain proof" swarovski says "our scope will be fine in the bottom of a pond, its accident proof"

as far as what the scope is doing now, its kind of being used as a traveling show piece. right now its in vegas for shot show. then it goes somwhere else. marchish it makes it back to my hands. i used the scope to dial out and take a coyote @ 350ish AFTER it had been shot a couple times and been swimming a few times.

if you have ideas send me a pm.

flyinlow78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Thanks for the reply. I thoroughly enjoyed the "overkill" testing methods and I will stay tuned for more. It would also be interesting to pit this scope against other brands, but that could also get expensive really quick if a Leuopold broke after every test :) Keep up the great reviews!

Top Bottom