• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I hadn't thought of watching videos on training, thanks for the tips.

Videos are a great way to gain some intellectual knowledge as to the various techniques and procedures that are currently being taught.

If you've never taken a live course before these videos can help give you a better idea of what to expect. If you have taken live training before, they can give you some alternate perspectives and new ideas for drills to practice on the range.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Looking forward to the "kalash" video, as I can run an AR with my eyes closed (slight exaggeration :D) but have never been taught a "proper" way to run an AK. I watched the trailer a few times and aside from the flipping of the frame by editors a few times, it looks great. I like how TH carries his ak mags with rounds pointed to his right. Looks like an interesting way to try a reload and have your hand ready to charge the gun.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Looks like they just came out with a new documentary about the 1911.

product.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Travis Haley's Adaptive Kalash is now available.

product.jpg

I'm screening it now and will post a review later.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Please tell me you watched the "how to clean and OIL THE **** out of your AR" on the paul howe video... good lord! I hope to find a youtube video of just that for everyone's amusement. Essentially every part of an Ar (including your grips, optics, and stock) should be cleaned with break cleaner, then oiled with Crisco, 10w30, Royal Purple transmission fluid, children's tears, unicorn farts then stored in a 50 gal drum of McDonalds fry grease until you're ready to use it.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Please tell me you watched the "how to clean and OIL THE **** out of your AR" on the paul howe video... good lord! I hope to find a youtube video of just that for everyone's amusement. Essentially every part of an Ar (including your grips, optics, and stock) should be cleaned with break cleaner, then oiled with Crisco, 10w30, Royal Purple transmission fluid, children's tears, unicorn farts then stored in a 50 gal drum of McDonalds fry grease until you're ready to use it.

Thats only if you want it to be reliable. Did I say that in Purple? :hehe:

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Finally got around to checking out the website. It is nice to be able to check out the tips from the "pro's" section, and see if you might like to purchase the video's. There are for sure some of them that I can see just fom those short clips that I would have no interest in, and others that definitely can present information well. There was one old timer in particular that I was very disappointed in. He is highly spoke of , but man, watching him on camera is painfull. I have one of his shotgun video's recommended by Gabe a few years ago, and don't remember it being that bad. Time to review. Travis Haley for sure come's across well, but I can't see spending money just to watch his video and go yep, glad we agree on that. Thinking about checking out the Bob Vogel one for something a little different.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Panteao Productions just put out a new promotional video. For anyone just now hearing about their training DVDs, the monthly subscription to their online-streaming videos is by far the better value.

They have a lot more offerings since I was last a subscriber.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcGIqL6gPIk

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Just wanted to give this a short resurrection.

My training plans for the year crapped out due to some unexpected costs, added time constraints, and inflated ammo costs. However, there was a couple of things I still wanted to target in learning more about.

Some of those things were covered by a couple recent additions to their streaming video selection. So, I sacrificed a previous monthly bill for a short while and decided to apply a portion of that savings to giving this membership a trial run.

My priority was watching those videos which I specifically wanted to hear more about first, and if I liked what was presented and I learn some things then it was worth the monthly fee IMO. I haven't watched but a couple videos (those which I specifically wanted to view) but I think for those who haven't had a lot of training and are looking for a reasonable compromise in cost, time, etc. this is a very viable option. Of course, that is assuming that you make use of what you learn in the videos, practice it, and have the ability to learn well merely by watching/hearing it because everyone learns different ways. It's still not quite the same as a live instructor being their to correct you, but there is certainly some valuable information to take in if you pick the videos you aren't as well trained in.

A couple of videos I watched are just like any training and simply regurgitate the same old stuff, but of course that is dependent on the instructor, the topic, and how much training you have behind you.

All in all, I think if there's a video or two that are on topics you would like to learn more about then give it a try, watch those videos. You've paid for at least the first month so get in all the videos you can. After watching a number of them from different instructors and you still don't think it's worth the money than cancel it and you'll only be out $20 or so. A very acceptable risk vs. a $150 or more on a live class possibly not turning out worth your while. Otherwise, there is a potential for you to pick up on a huge amount of information, techniques, drills, etc. for a hard to beat price.

I'll report back again after their next series of added videos (assumedly next month) and let you know whether or not I think it's worth a continuing $20 every month. Essentially it equates to $240 per year. The question is, "Will they continue to put out enough valuable information EACH month to be worthy of such a price when a LIVE class could be substituted for that price." That will be up to each person to decide for themselves though. So far, it's at least worth the initial $20 to check out IMO.

Top Bottom