• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've followed this gent on YouTube for a few months, initially for his red dot sight videos.
    He is a master class (maybe GM?) USPSA competitor. I think he puts together a good video and speaks from experience.

[video=youtube;2DRIGn74rzU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DRIGn74rzU[/video]

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I had all gen 4's. Not unhappy with them. Finger grooves were not an issue.

I have wanted a G45 for years and my wallet finally aligned with one for sale. I picked up a gen 5 G19 MOS to match up with the G45. The fact that the slides will swap to use the MOS system with the G45 is handy.

I like the gen 5, although I have limited range time with it. I always wanted front serrations and now that it is standard on the gen 5 the deal was sealed.

I've always run Talon grips on my gen 4's, but I'm trying the gen 5's more aggressive grip pattern without them. Can't help but notice the lack of slide finish holster wear with the gen 5's compared to the easily rubbed off gen 4 finish.

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I had all gen 4's. Not unhappy with them. Finger grooves were not an issue.

I have wanted a G45 for years and my wallet finally aligned with one for sale. I picked up a gen 5 G19 MOS to match up with the G45. The fact that the slides will swap to use the MOS system with the G45 is handy.

I like the gen 5, although I have limited range time with it. I always wanted front serrations and now that it is standard on the gen 5 the deal was sealed.

I've always run Talon grips on my gen 4's, but I'm trying the gen 5's more aggressive grip pattern without them. Can't help but notice the lack of slide finish holster wear with the gen 5's compared to the easily rubbed off gen 4 finish.
    I really feel that out of the box the gen 5 trigger is superior. Take a look at the safety plunger, on the gen 5 it has a nice slope to it where as all the earlier generations are the mushroom cap. I definitely feel like that helped the trigger a lot. Whereas the Apex made a huge difference in how much I like the gen 4, it didn't help that much with the gen 5.

To the original poster, I love the gen 5 g45. I don't care what the haters say, but the longer grip mated to the compact slide makes for a great aiming low recoiling setup.
    I ended buying a separate custom slide with an RMR cut to try out if I like optics on the compact/larger platform.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pistolpete68
    Top Bottom