• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Good review, but it was difficult to see the black optic against your black shirt during the indoor sequences. Next time, consider zooming in a bit on the optic itself, or wear something that contrasts better. :gheyhi:

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Yeah, black was a bad choice. I've started wearing the same brown top which seems to give enough contrast. We didn't have another shirt for Prometheus... and I wasn't about to let him wear one of mine. :)

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Not sure if the rifle was chambered due to the cut but the cameraman walked in front of the rifle with a mag in and the safety off. :)

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Shooter521: I thought about that as soon as I saw it on youtube. On high def 1020 the clarity is honestly much better.

I'll be wearing more contrasting colors next time. I need to borrow your emoticon though...

Not sure if the rifle was chambered due to the cut but the cameraman walked in front of the rifle with a mag in and the safety off. :)
    :rolleyes:

The safety on an AR can only be engaged when the hammer is cocked.

Otherwise... really? That's sooooo :gheyhi:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Shooter521: I thought about that as soon as I saw it on youtube. On high def 1020 the clarity is honestly much better.

I'll be wearing more contrasting colors next time. I need to borrow your emoticon though...

:rolleyes:

The safety on an AR can only be engaged when the hammer is cocked.

Otherwise... really? That's sooooo :gheyhi:

I read posts here all the time about people doing similar and everyone goes on and on about how ridiculous and offensive it is. Didn't realize you were above all of that.

Here's a recent example: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ssion/124337-gun_store_dumb_gun_handling.html

Last edited:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I read posts here all the time about people doing similar and everyone goes on and on about how ridiculous and offensive it is. Didn't realize you were above all of that.

It falls back to the whole "Ewww-ewww look what I look what I saw! I'm going to do nothing but post whore and point it out in an attempt to sound like Mr safety."

Perhaps I was a bit harsh in my initial post but fly by posting with nothing to contribute (since you partially answered your own question), is honestly a waste of bandwidth.

It's an all too common occurrence that is becoming quite tiresome.

It's like the "I can't believe you stood in front of the camera while he was shooting"... it's called a tripod :rolleyes:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    84370102.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It falls back to the whole "Ewww-ewww look what I look what I saw! I'm going to do nothing but post whore and point it out in an attempt to sound like Mr safety."

Perhaps I was a bit harsh in my initial post but fly by posting with nothing to contribute (since you partially answered your own question), is honestly a waste of bandwidth.

It's an all too common occurrence that is becoming quite tiresome.

It's like the "I can't believe you stood in front of the camera while he was shooting"... it's called a tripod :rolleyes:

I've been here almost as long as you have and have less than half the posts, I don't think either one of us would qualify for the post whore moniker. I'm also well aware of the functioning of the AR15 platform. Magazine in, bolt closed, safety off screams loaded firearm to anyone knows anything about the rifle.

I also wasn't trying to be an ass by pointing it out, you decided to go down that road with your childish reaction to having a mistake you made pointed out to you. I didn't realize the great "Prometheus" was such an expert at all things firearm that he had transcended the requirement for basic firearms safety. Please, now that you have attained such status, do share with the rest of the world how we might be able to get there.

Last edited:

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Phylodog,

Check out the training offered by Gabe Suarez and listen to his view on firearms safety. He trains soliders, contractors, police officers, etc. world wide and is quite respected. The "golden rules" of gun safety are mostly impractical and largely intended to treat everyone they are recited to as if they were an idiot. But often times that's the best course of action as not all people are intellectually equal and you must take into account the lowest common denominator.

Take this random image of an officer I found on the Internet a few years ago as an example.

indyrace1762im2.jpg

I'm sure he feels because the bolt is removed from his rifle it's perfectly safe to point his weapon into a populated area with his finger in the trigger guard. He's probably right, I doubt anyone would be harmed by this action. However it violates one of those "golden rules" about covering things with your muzzle and another one about treating all firearms as if they are loaded.

I would agree that the "finger on the trigger" crowd is rather annoying and all they serve to do is to derail threads. I usually don't respond to such posts, but in this case I figured I would toss my hat into the fray.

If I could have one thing for Christmas, I would ask Santa to take the computers away from the "finger on the trigger" crowd for one year. :D

Merry Christmas my friend, I mean that sincerely.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Merry Christmas to you as well.

I would disagree with Gabe. Intellectually superior or not, if the basic safety rules are adhered to strictly the chances of a tragic accident are at least dramatically reduced, if not eliminated.

I can assure you that rifle was pointed at no person while that picture was being taken (or so I've heard). :)

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    ill definetly have to give this optic a try on my new AR. its gonna save me a few hundred bucks

i picked up one at gander in eville yesterday, 139.99 plus tax and a 15 month warranty for 155.00 total with a high mount and a 2x magnifier:rockwoot: (the warranty covers everything but loss or theft)

should be better that the bsa i have now

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    Prometheus, can the NV mode on the Strikefire be used with nightvision equipment? Or is it just an automatic adjustment for the lowest setting? Been thinking about getting one of those for my AR build and I had been wondering about it's night vision compatability.
    Thanks in advance...

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i picked up one at gander in eville yesterday, 139.99 plus tax and a 15 month warranty for 155.00 total with a high mount and a 2x magnifier:rockwoot: (the warranty covers everything but loss or theft)

should be better that the bsa i have now

did you buy the warranty from gander or something? cause if you did go back and tell them you want your money back. vortex has one of the best warranties in the scope business period and its lifetime not 15 months. i checked on there site and don't see any limitations for the red dots either

here it is for you

Vortex Optics - VIP Warranty

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Phylodog,
    Take this random image of an officer I found on the Internet a few years ago as an example.

indyrace1762im2.jpg

I'm sure he feels because the bolt is removed from his rifle it's perfectly safe to point his weapon into a populated area with his finger in the trigger guard. He's probably right, I doubt anyone would be harmed by this action. However it violates one of those "golden rules" about covering things with your muzzle and another one about treating all firearms as if they are loaded.

If you enlarge this pic, you will notice that his finger is NOT IN THE TRIGGER GUARD, but resting on it. When enlarged, you can clearly see that part of the trigger guard is in front of, and partially blocking you from seeing all of the tip of his finger. As far as being pointed into a populated area, are you familiar enough with the the view out of that window, or have a picture showing what is down range of the barrel of the rifle?

Top Bottom