• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jackill7881

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Seymour
    Was looking through the wheelgun show and tell pics and I was wondering why everyone's stainless steel revolvers look brand new. I've put about 100 rounds through my ruger gp100 and even after a very detailed cleaning I cannot get the black marks off the cylinder face, cylinder sides, forcing cone... etc. What is the secret.... My new gun looks like it's 10 years old now.:dunno:

Indycar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Birthplace of Steve McQueen
    Use fine Scotchbrite pads soaked in Hoppes to clean the powder burns or Flitz or Simichrome to put a nice polish on them! After they are polished, the powder burns come off much easier after that using polish.

NOTE: THIS IS FOR STAINLESS STEEL GUNS ONLY!

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    The Lead Away cloth (also called "cheese cloth") will last a lot longer if you first "break up" the burn marks by first scrubbing the affected surfaces with a brush soaked in Hoppes #9. This will loosen and remove SOME of the black stuff.

edit- indycar beat me by second or two!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Just for anyone who's reading this and wanting to clean up your blued firearm...

For the love of God, do NOT use Lead-Away cloth on your firearm. Unless, of course, you want to remove the bluing!

-J-

Top Bottom