• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    My mother bought a tourus 38 modal 85 revolver. After shooting it a few times she says the trigger is to hard to pull. She constantly hits left of the target with her gun. When using my px4 or glock 22 she is pretty accurate. She says because of the trigger.

Is it possible to change out the springs without going to a gun shop? As in would it be possible for me to do it with regular tools?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My mother bought a tourus 38 modal 85 revolver. After shooting it a few times she says the trigger is to hard to pull. She constantly hits left of the target with her gun. When using my px4 or glock 22 she is pretty accurate. She says because of the trigger.

Is it possible to change out the springs without going to a gun shop? As in would it be possible for me to do it with regular tools?

It is possible. I have a Wolf kit right now for the same gun. I was going to change it out this weekend and polish up the internals, but I ran out of time. I'll try to do it next weekend. Mine is the CH model so it's double action only and my wife cannot pull the trigger. I am hoping she can when I am finished.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    The DA trigger on any of the small frame guns can be helped by putting a spring kit in it but it will not make a big difference. They still have to be reliable for self defence. Just switching springs usually takes a couple of pounds off the pull weight, the ones I have done takes lots of work to get them really nice.
    A J frame S&W usually comes out of the box at 12-14 pounds DA, I have spent almost 8 hours on some guns getting them to 8 pounds and be reliable, and every one is different some won't go below 9 pounds and be reliable.(J frames S&W)
    Revolvers are a little more difficult to learn for people that don't have a lot of hand strength.
    Dry fire is better than any spring kit. Dryfire will build strength and help someone learn the machanic's of the revolver. I have helped several other shooters with revolvers over the years and most have gotten to where they don't even think about it any more the just shoot it.
    5 minutes every other day for a month and a couple times a month after that works for most people. This will build strength and build accuracy by watching the sights while dryfiring.

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The DA trigger on any of the small frame guns can be helped by putting a spring kit in it but it will not make a big difference. They still have to be reliable for self defence. Just switching springs usually takes a couple of pounds off the pull weight, the ones I have done takes lots of work to get them really nice.
    A J frame S&W usually comes out of the box at 12-14 pounds DA, I have spent almost 8 hours on some guns getting them to 8 pounds and be reliable, and every one is different some won't go below 9 pounds and be reliable.(J frames S&W)
    Revolvers are a little more difficult to learn for people that don't have a lot of hand strength.
    Dry fire is better than any spring kit. Dryfire will build strength and help someone learn the machanic's of the revolver. I have helped several other shooters with revolvers over the years and most have gotten to where they don't even think about it any more the just shoot it.
    5 minutes every other day for a month and a couple times a month after that works for most people. This will build strength and build accuracy by watching the sights while dryfiring.

And this is why we call him Boss!:D

Top Bottom