• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • numbaonecoltsfan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2015
    Mooresville
    There was a sign up on the door for quite a while saying that he had to close due to health issues but hoped to reopen soon. Just noticed yesterday a 'for lease' sign in the window. Looked like there was still some things left in the store.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Thats too bad. I hope he will be OK. (or whomever he is caring for) By all accounts I've heard, he's a real tool. Not sad to see the shop close, but I wouldnt wish ill health on anyone.

retyree98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Brooklyn
    I took my John's Guns silenced Ruger Mark II to have a new lever that catches the rim of the shell to pull it out for ejection and for a total cleaning of the gun. Seemed like a simple job and since they were new and close, thought I would give them a try. He said he had a machine shop west of Mooresville. I should of ran when he didn't offer a receipt for the gun when I turned it over to him,he said it wasn't necessary. Like too many times before, I didn't get a call when it was done. What should have been a 2 to 3 week turnaround, as he stated, it was about 3 months. And then I wouldn't have known it was ready if I hadn't called him every week. The job was acceptable and reasonably priced,but 3 months is totally unacceptable for a simple replacement of a common part and cleaning. when I checked, that part is on the shelf and available in several places, nothing rare about it. I have not been back. On another unrelated subject, what's with Bradis' crazy prices on ammo? I bought what I needed from WalMart, which I hate to do, for almost one third the price Bradis was asking for??? Live and learn.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Bradis can't buy ammo in the volume that Walmart does and dictate what price they are willing to pay. They buy it the cheapest they can get it from their distributors and pass it on to you.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    WOW! This is an odd post.
    I have no dog in the fight, and don't live down that way, but thanks for the warning.
    Just goes to show you anyway can "open a store" but generally people who do (especially for a "narrow-market" item like firearms) would have highly developed people skills.
    I don't know of a shop I've been in where I wasn't treated well and wouldn't have minded dropping some money.
    And for those who know of my "alleged" thriftiness, I have done so at shops about 7-8 times this past year. :laugh:

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    According to FB, several people went to his house to get their money back from order or their guns back from whatever work was being done to them.

Top Bottom