• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abrewer15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Elkhart, Indiana
    Hello all. I am possibly taking a new job in Richmond and I am just curious about the area. I am from about 2.5 hours southwest so I am not all too familiar with the area. Anyway, I figured I could rely on all my good INGO buddies to give me some info, tips, and advice on the area and town and what not.

How is the schools? Cost of living? Crime? You know all the good stuff a father of two kids under the age of 4 would like to know.

I appreciate all advice...thanks

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i cant help you on cost of living because ive never lived anywhere else so i dont know what to compare it to.

crime is on the rise, richmond is becoming known as little dayton. in the last 10 yrs there has been a huge spike in gangs, drugs and stuff like that.

all and all its like most towns there are good areas and bad, and somtimes 1 block makes all the diffrence in what kind of area it is.

i dont live in richmond but a little south

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    I grew up in Richmond. Not a really nice place. I moved to outside Greens Fork after my kids were born so they wouldn't be around the drugs and crime in Richmond. Also, Richmond High School was labeled a drop out factory a few years back. I guess the school has raised their graduation rates but I think they are just shoveling them through.
    If you get a job in Richmond, check out houses in Centerville, Greens Fork or Hagerstown. Small towns but nice.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    I grew up in Richmond. Not a really nice place. I moved to outside Greens Fork after my kids were born so they wouldn't be around the drugs and crime in Richmond. Also, Richmond High School was labeled a drop out factory a few years back. I guess the school has raised their graduation rates but I think they are just shoveling them through.
    If you get a job in Richmond, check out houses in Centerville, Greens Fork or Hagerstown. Small towns but nice.

I live in New Castle, just one county to the west, and I would agree with this statement completely. Then again, I'm a little biased towards Richmond because my mother's murderer was from Richmond.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

good advise, personally i love living in liberty. you dont have to lock your doors at night, you can leave your vehicle running when you go into a shop. every year our county has a few robberies, but a few months ago union county courts sent the "king pin" to prison for 30-40years. since then i haven't heard of anything being robbed.

we do have drugs, when i was in high school you would see pot but that was it. i guess we have meth now from what im told. if your interested in a liberty house let me know my folks remodle houses and always have some forsale or rent

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    I live about 20 min west of Richmond, near Cambridge City, nice and quiet, many small towns around within half an hour....I'd look for a home in one of these. Smaller schools, less drugs and violence, you usually get to know your neighbors, "feels" safer.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Centerville has the best schools in Wayne County. Richmond is a dump and I would never live in town or let my kids attend school there.

seamusalaska

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    East Central IN
    uh...I drive down to eat at the Golden Corral. My wife likes it. However, there is a notable tie to drugs coming out of Dayton....heroin. This is what I get from the local e-newspaper. Google and read the Palladium Item. It will help give you a 'feel' for the town.

Top Bottom