• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GMack_1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    Montgomery Co.
    I recently received a "Natchez Holiday Special" flier in the mail the other day..., they have rifle bench rests on sale (three kinds..., but only two with leather fronts and backs..., the Benchmaster and Benchmark..., ranging in price from $120 to $90 respectively). I have wanted one for a while now, but was wondering if there was a better choice.

I know it's a stupid question (because you almost always get what you pay for), but is there a better solution "economicaly"?

I know there are other players out there..., Brownell's, Midway..., Caldwell?

I've never shot my rifle from one yet, so I'm looking for some sound advice.

Oh..., and Go Colts..., hope Peton plays for more than two series...

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i use a caldwell lead slead for sighting in. i cant say enough good about it. it kills recoil and you just adjust the slead until your crosshairs are on the bull. i have mine on a picnic table in the back of my "gun truck" i just drive to where i want to shoot and im set up.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    make sure the match

:ar15:My wife bought me a couple of sand bag rest for my birthday 2 years ago. And then I bought an inexpensive Hoppes bench rest on sale from Midway or Natches but they don't match up well. Rest will work fine when I find the proper sand bags for it, and I know which one to buy just can't remember the brand right now!

dschantz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    I actually made my bench rest myself. I used my Dad's old bench for a pattern. It is all wood. It folds up nicely so it can be stood up against the wall. When it is folded out, is has the seat already on it and a nice big table top for a "lead sled" type of thing and a spotting scope. Here is a link with pictures. Let me know what you think. Shooting Bench pictures by dschantz - Photobucket

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I Like IT!

:patriot: Hey that's pretty good. I'd build one myself, but Every where I shoot is a range and the usually have a bench to use I just have to set up My rest and get going. I have built myself a range cart that I can take apart for easy storage. Just haven't had time to paint it and get an axel for the wheels. Got tired of several trips or getting every thing under my arms when going to the range!

gopherkiller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Dschantz just wondering if you could send some plans, and parts list for your shooting bench. Your bench looks like it is easy to transport, shoot from, and also use the spotting scope.

Top Bottom