• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    If you’re interested in long distance rifle shooting, or in hunting with a rifle, I highly recommend that you check out the Spirit Ridge Rifle Golf facility, in Utah. The “golf” part of the name is really just part of the rules for how your shots are scored. Other than that, it’s all rifle and no golf, and it’s one of the best opportunities I’ve ever seen to test one’s rifle skills.

The Volokh Conspiracy » Rifle Golf: America’s newest shooting sport

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    When I first saw the thread, I was expecting to read about sniper golf, where the targets are actually golf balls. I think this sounds a bit more interesting, and not so impossible a challenge.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I think it was Sloughfoot that once said (here on the boards) that if a handful of guys got together and bought a golf course it would be great to turn it into a shooting range where you go from "hole to hole" and shoot different situations. IIRC that was over a year ago. Mans a prophet!

John778

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    If you’re interested in long distance rifle shooting, or in hunting with a rifle, I highly recommend that you check out the Spirit Ridge Rifle Golf facility, in Utah. The “golf” part of the name is really just part of the rules for how your shots are scored. Other than that, it’s all rifle and no golf, and it’s one of the best opportunities I’ve ever seen to test one’s rifle skills.

The Volokh Conspiracy » Rifle Golf: America’s newest shooting sport

We use golf balls on fishing line....makes for good shooting...(and make more "holes in one") !! LoL

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I think it was Sloughfoot that once said (here on the boards) that if a handful of guys got together and bought a golf course it would be great to turn it into a shooting range where you go from "hole to hole" and shoot different situations. IIRC that was over a year ago. Mans a prophet!

I am glad that someone is doing this. Me and my shooting buddies were talking about this Sunday night at the Bell Mell in Port Clinton over beer and pizza.

There are golf courses in financial trouble in Indiana....? Anybody up for it?

Top Bottom