• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Decided to take the rimfires out to the range to since I didnt have money to get ammo for my other rifles, an rememberd why i like shooting them so much.

This target was shot at 35 yards open site with my Mossberg Plinkster (The cheapest gun i own, but by far one of the most fun) I was using Federal bulk box. I did get a 2 shot group touching so I was pretty happy when I seen that:D

010.jpg

This target was at 100yrds I was shooting my Marlin .22wmr off bags, using CCI Maxi-Mags, This was my best group out of about 75rds fired(ran out of ammo:(). POI was a little low from POA but I could see were it was hitting so I didnt mess with adjusting it, just used the mil dots to adjust.

005-1.jpg

Rest of the time shot up a box of Federal bulk with the GSG, all in all was alot of fun. Got some good practice in with trigger control an breathing. Cant wait to go try it again an see if I can tighten the groups a little with the Plinkster, might try some CCI ammo an see if that helps. :ar15:

Last edited:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Took my Marlin 60 to the range several weeks ago with the Fed bulk ammo. At 100 yrds with open sites, I could get all 10 rounds at a 100 yrd target (about 1 ft square)-mostly due the the superb, cheap Marlin. Great fun to shoot.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Thats why Ive gotten into .22's as of late. Cheap to shoot and easy on my bad shoulder an still alot of fun. Plus good practice on trigger control and breathing. All in all a real good time

dusterdrag

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Bloomington
    22's are great! great teaching gun and great plinker. Wish accuracy was better. I can hold good to 40 any more than that looks like swiss cheese.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    22's are great! great teaching gun and great plinker. Wish accuracy was better. I can hold good to 40 any more than that looks like swiss cheese.

Try using some better ammo, I can get pretty good group out to about 75yrds, and I know some of the other members are doing 1/2" groups out to 100yrd.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Man I here that, I still have my big Boom Sticks, but ever since I destroyed my shoulder I cant shoot them much at all to have any fun trying to make any groups. Plus I dont re-load so it gets real expensive real quick. An the GF likes them more, so we can shoot more together, so its kind of a win win.

Top Bottom