• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I have been looking at Rock Island Armory primarily in 9mm. I like the idea of the traditional 45 but since I don't reload I like the economy of 9mm but I have the itch for a 1911 style pistol. I looked at the RIA and they seem like a decent pistol especially for around $400. My questions are...1) Are the 9's just as reliable as the 45's.... 2) Hows the overall accuracy......3) Does anyone have the standard GI model with fixed sights and do you have issues with the lack of adjustible sights.....

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I picked up the RIA tactical 9 model a few weeks ago, it is super accurate at 25 yards. And it is just as reliable as any other broken in 1911. Buy with confidence.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Rock island makes a great firearm. They have a real nice fit to them and the best thing about 1911s in general is you dont get long stiff trigger pulls like you do with plastic guns

GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    i just bought the Rock Island two tone tactical in a 45 this year. I love it jammed a few times on the break in but now I trust it with my life. For the price I am sold on this brand.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    We just got in one of the RIA 9mm/22TCM this week. It's pretty flippin' sweet, but the mag well is wider and doesn't fit my hand. Plus, I (personally) only reload .45 and wasn't planning on buying other dies.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Can you change the grip panels to "thin" profile grips?

I don't think it would matter much...it's not a *true* 1911 by the standards of a purest. The MicroMag is a double-stack that holds 17rds of 9mm (or the 9mm cases necked down to seat the .223 bullet). Either way.

Top Bottom