• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    I have been very interested in the Kel-Tec PF-9 for about a year now. I have read everything I could about it. Despite all the naysaying, Kel-Tec hating, and general griping I decided to pick one up today when I saw it in the shop.

Once I can find some 9mm thats affordable enough to throw at paper I will work on the seemingly all important 200 round break in. By then I should know if I got a lemon or a hot little CC piece.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a flyer in the box from Viridian announcing that since I bought a new PF-9, if I also buy a C5 series laser/light from them I will get their holster for free. That was cool. Kinda makes up for the single magazine dork over Kel-Tec pulls. Anyway, until I can drum up the cash for an add on as expensive as the gun its attached to... I went with something that was just sitting around my dads house. Its a little Laserlyte FSL-3 micro laser. Not very user friendly but its workable.

Pic:
    919023_3010219669987_1060698936_o.jpg

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Get the 200+ round break in then run a good amount of your carry loads through it also. This might be a task because the gun does kick like a mule. About 50 rounds is all I really care to shoot in one outing.

I have had mine since 2009. I have about 800 rounds of all kinds of ammo through it. Never any problems besides some surface rust from carrying IWB. About every 2-3 weeks, I had to rub some WD-40 on the slide to rid the rust. I just had the slide Duracoated last week and will see how that helps.

Good luck and be safe. Let us know how it works out!

avcautoinc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    A buddy of mine has one and whenever he asks if I would like to shoot it I always say "No thanks" everytime I shoot it the trigger slams my finger into the guard. As far as the gun as a whole its nice size and always goes bang. Good luck to ya

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I've not had the opportunity to shoot the PF9, but I've not had any problems with my P-11. I found it more to my liking using the grip extension like you show on your mag.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    My PF-9 has been relegated to the truck's glove box because I got a Sig P938 -- much more expensive, much prettier, far less kick, etc.

Of course, the Sig had to be sent back to the factory to fix a FtF issue. The Sig has an equally hard-to-pull trigger. The Sig has an external safety to remember. The Sig has pointy parts sticking out which make CC occasionally uncomfortable. BUT IT'S A SIG. :D

I hope your Kel-Tec turns into a great little gun for you. I've often thought about getting rid of mine ... but I just can't.

artbymac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2013
    I considered a PF9 long and hard, but ultimately went with a Kahr PM9. I had the opportunity to shoot one first hand before buying, something I didn't have with the PF9 and I heard too much naying as you mentioned.

Would be curious to get a review/report from PF9 users who can compare first hand with other sub-compacts. For the price point those have the potential to be a sweet CCW.

Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    I will be putting a Limbsaver grip slip on the PF-9 as soon as it comes in. I like that it does not have a molded on finger groove like the Hogue Handall JR I have it on it right now and it has full backstrap coverage. I am hoping this will help with the beating I have heard the little gun dishes.

My PF-9 will be facing competition from a CW-45 for EDC status here shortly. I mainly wanted the 9mm for economics and size. I like the CW-45 cause its luscious in the hand and I like the .45 cartridge.

Top Bottom