• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I did my first amusement park carry yesterday, at "Silver Dollar City" amusement park near Branson, Missouri. Its a park with an 1890's theme, has some rides but also has many craft stations where you can watch artisans do things the old ways.

This park did not sweep me with a metal detector or do any such harassment at the gates. Just walk right in. I was able to carry the whole day without incident.

Its the only amusement park that I've been to that didn't sweep you for weapons at the door.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I did my first amusement park carry yesterday, at "Silver Dollar City" amusement park near Branson, Missouri. Its a park with an 1890's theme, has some rides but also has many craft stations where you can watch artisans do things the old ways.

This park did not sweep me with a metal detector or do any such harassment at the gates. Just walk right in. I was able to carry the whole day without incident.

Its the only amusement park that I've been to that didn't sweep you for weapons at the door.

Thanks for admitting on a public forum that you broke Missouri law.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/missouri.pdf

Section 571-107 Endorsement does not authorize conceale
    (See #13)

Unless you're a LEO or retired LEO carrying on LEOSA.

-J-

ETA: I'm incorrect. My bad, OP. apologies.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

(See #13)

-J-

Carrying of a concealed firearm in a location specified in subdivisions (1) to (17) of subsection 1 of this
    section by any individual who holds a concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to sections 571.101 to
    571.121 shall not be a criminal act but may subject the person to denial to the premises or removal from the
    premises.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

(See #13)

-J-

Doesn't seem to be an issue unless they asked him to leave and he refused.

Carrying of a concealed firearm in a location specified in subdivisions (1) to (17) of subsection 1 of this section by any individual who holds a concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121 shall not be a criminal act but may subject the person to denial to the premises or removal from the premises. If such person refuses to leave the premises and a peace officer is summoned, such person may be issued a citation for an amount not to exceed one hundred dollars for the first offense. If a second citation for a similar violation occurs within a six-month period, such person shall be fined an amount not to exceed two hundred dollars and his or her endorsement to carry concealed firearms shall be suspended for a period of one year. If a third citation for a similar violation is issued within one year of the first citation, such person shall be fined an amount not to exceed five hundred dollars and shall have his or her concealed carry endorsement revoked and such person shall not be eligible for a concealed carry endorsement for a period of three years.
    571.030 Section 10

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I know of another, more festive, closer to home park that does not check you at the door. However, in the times I've visited, I've never felt the need to carry.

That, and swim trunks don't conceal much, and riding the water park rides would be uncomfortable.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    so did you actually ride a roller coaster and if so what combo were you working with???

I was wearing my Crossbreed holster on my 4 o'clock. Rollercoaster seats are so snug that there is plenty of pressure keeping things in place.

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    I recently (3 or so months ago) went to holiday world and CC'ed in my swim trunks in the water park. It was funny because the sheriff was OC the same gun.

Top Bottom