• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I took last Saturday and did one of my own for a change.
    I picked this 357 "Mare's Leg" up from another INGO Member a while back and realized it had 3 issue I wanted to address.

One was it it was shooting way high maybe 4 or 5 inches at 25 yards. After reading up on them I guess they all do this
    Second Issue was the loading gate would stick and prevent the gun from cycling
    Third issue was the action was tight. to tight to twirl the gun, That had to be fixed :)
    Fourth I figured while I had it all apart for the action work might as well paint it.

I stripped this down to nothing and bought a video and action kit from Steve's gunz which the video was real nice the action kit only really contained a new extractor spring and a stainless mag plug instead of the factory plastic one.
    I also picked up a fiber optic front sight that is .530 tall which seems to be the popular height that people are using
    I smoothed out the parts inside which I must say the factory machine work was terrible. I followed the instructions in the video and added a couple of my own treatments to the insides and the gun is smooth and slick now and will indeed twirl....may main concern. Plus forund the issue with the loading gate and corrected it I hope. won't know till I get it to the range.

Oh and I stripped and lightened the color of the wood too.

Here are a couple pics :)

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    It was hard to get me to switch to Cerakote from KG Gunkote because it's harder to use and a good oven is a must, but once I used it I never looked back

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    That looks great Allen. I just picked up a Ranch Hand myself. I've got plans for some mods I was going to see if you could help me out with. Once I function test it I'll get in touch with you.:yesway:

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    That looks great Allen. I just picked up a Ranch Hand myself. I've got plans for some mods I was going to see if you could help me out with. Once I function test it I'll get in touch with you.:yesway:

Thanks,
    Just let me know.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Looks great! love the bronze. Now you just need to find a process to make more of an antique bronze finish bet that would look great on a lever gun.

Top Bottom