• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cohokiller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    I just pickd up a ruger 10 22. I want to put a scope on it. Which is a good scope for the money? The gun will be used mostly at the range. Thanks

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I just bought one of the Simmons mag 3x9-32 scopes at miejer for $30. I think it's great, very clear and sharp. I don't think you're going to beat the "bang for your buck" on that one.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Nikon Prostaff 4x32 Rimfire Scope, used for an Appleseed shoot last Sept., not used again, has paperwork and lifetime warranty on it. $75 pm me or go to sales link
    Don't like the ProStaff? I have one and it has served me well. As far as a good scope for 100 yard 10/22 shooting, I agree with a poster from earlier and go with the Bushnell Banner 3-9x40. Normally I just like a fixed 4x on my 10/22 scope, but then again I don't shoot it at one hundred either.

Fiexie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    On another note, anyone got an idea for a average price on a 2nd hand 10/22 would go for? I'm trying to pick one for a quick plinking one.

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I've been pricing for a few months now and the 2nd hand ones don't seem to go for much less than new ones. If you find one for less than $175 they usually have some rust or are rough around the edges. You can get lucky though, just check the classifieds here and stop by every shop you drive by to see what they have.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    On another note, anyone got an idea for a average price on a 2nd hand 10/22 would go for? I'm trying to pick one for a quick plinking one.
    Depends upon area you live in and what model of 10/22 you are looking at. Generally, you will not find too many used 10/22's for sale. People tend to keep them.;)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I just pickd up a ruger 10 22. I want to put a scope on it. Which is a good scope for the money? The gun will be used mostly at the range. Thanks

Distance is about 100 yards . I dont want to spend over 100 bucks

The Ruger stock sights are abysmal, IMHO. I've seen and heard good things about tech-sights. That and good instruction will have you hitting what you want. Might look into the Appleseed project for that-we do a full weekend of shooting and history and heritage instruction and will teach you the tools you need. More info in the Appleseed advertiser forum here on INGO or at Project Appleseed Home. Click the oval in my signature to find the schedule so you can sign up for one when you're ready.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom