• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Just finished working on my 22/45 Lite. Bushing off of Ebay for less than $7+ Volquartsen trigger (from the guys at USDS) and polishing all around and now have a great trigger and NO goofy mag disconnect. Good evening project. Highly recommended mod if you have a MK III, you won't believe the difference.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Gunsite graduate[FONT=&quot] --[/FONT]Certified Glock armorer[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Certified pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] --[/FONT]1911 Mechanic[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I've done the bushing from Tandemkross. Great part and makes a huge difference. The Volquartsen trigger and sear are next on the list...probably after deer season.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I installed the Volguartsen trigger kit but I was impatient about the magazine disconnect so I used a #10 washer instead and it worked great and I already had one so it didn't cost me any extra.
    I got a 2-1/4 lb let-off and a very short re-set.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The trigger on mine doesn't bother me much. The mags don't seat as well as I'd like though. Does the mag disconnect mod make them fit any better?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    If I drop the slide using the release botton the mag occationally pops out.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I installed the Sam Lam bushing in my 22/45. I basically wanted to get rid of the magazine disconnect but post install, the mags drop free almost like they were shot out of the gun. Function after another 5,000 rounds has been flawless.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    The trigger on mine doesn't bother me much. The mags don't seat as well as I'd like though. Does the mag disconnect mod make them fit any better?
    That was another problem solved when I made the mod. I never had the mag drop out but it seemed to take too much pressure to get it seated in the pistol.
    DocIndy.. As I said I just changed the trigger and with the polishing I'm very satisfied with it just the way it is. I think the sear would be overkill for me but I'm just plinking not target shooting.
    Guess I will add MK III mechanic to my moniker :)
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III mechanic [FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] --[/FONT]1911 Mechanic[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][h=2][/h]
    [h=2][/h]

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy

Mine came with two mags, one seated fine but the other would not, so I very carefully filed the slot in the mag untill it seated easily, it had a burr on it.
    Most it seems are very close fitting.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Got a chance to run a few rounds through the 22/45 lite today.. Worked great and the trigger pulls at 3.5 pounds, right in the same neighborhood with my Glocks and 1911s. Couldn't be happier with it.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III mechanic [FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] --[/FONT]1911 Mechanic[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Have been considering this mod to my MIII. Mags are difficult to get out.

Once the bushing is installed, your mags will fly out the bottom of the grip. For what a bushing costs, it's money we'll spent for sure! The worst part is disassembly of the lower half to get the bushing in. I ordered two... One for a friends MKIII 22/45,
    And one for mine. I also ordered a mag loader from Tandemkross. I would also recommend one of those. Like I mentioned earlier, a trigger and sear are on the list of mods, then I'm mounting the Bushnell TRS-25 and heading for the range.

Top Bottom