• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rnungester

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I had the last week off work/school for thanksgiving break, so I decided I was going to spend the majority of my time out in the woods. I brought along my Ruger .45 long colt and right as I got situated up in my climber tree stand I saw a doe take off across my face at about 50yards. I knew that I didn't scare her off, so my next thought was; what did? As I stood up to take a look around this monster 12pnt was chasing this doe. I pulled out the .45 and froze the deer and took my shots(4x to be exact). He was 50-55yards out and to my surprise I missed him on my first shot, so I broke the hammer back again and threw another .45 round at him and busted him right behind the shoulder blade. Oddly, after I hit him, he still didn't move so once again I broke the hammer back and threw another one at him hitting him in the neck. After he wobbled off back into the thicket, I knew he was going down. I climbed down out of my tree stand and walk up to this monster 12pnt buck. Biggest buck I have seen out in the woods. I was so excited. Next time I see this big fella, he will be hanging over my mantle.

Pictures located in my file. IDK how to post them on here....

:D --- Happy Camper

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Nice one!!

Here you go:

picture.php

Colt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Dearborn County
    rnungester, congratulations on your buck. I have been thinking about using my Ruger 45 Colt Bisley for deer hunting (next season). If you load your own and don't mind telling, what bullet and powder do you use? Thanks in advance.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Congratulations on your fine buck. I have owned a Ruger blackhawk in 45LC for 35 years but I have yet to bag a buck with it.

Well done.

Please let's hear about what load you were using.

Terry

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Nicely done.

Nice animal!

Is it just me or the angle but is it a little on the thin side???

Still good eating?

Any deer with a pistol is a trophy. He's a little narrow as far as antler spread but he has pretty good mass. Did you age him or have someone knowledgeable do so for you?
    I'd be curious to hear if he was on the way up or on the way down in quality.
    He'll be good memories hanging over the mantel, at any rate.:rockwoot:

Top Bottom