• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Anyone have a holster for their Gp100 with a 6 inch barrel that they really like. I've spent like 120 bucks on these holsters that I really really don't like. I'd like something Leather and in a Sholder Holster if possible. Anyone have one of these for a 6 inch barrel that you really like.

I want it for Hunting, and maybe to wear on those long hikes in the back country. But these flimsy nylon hip holters for it are a total joke and I hate them.

So anyone know of any good holster for larger revolvers that would fit a Ruger GP100?

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Bianchi makes a " good" leather shoulder holster for the GP 100, the X15...as do several other major holster makers . For starters you may want to check Midway, their holster selection wizard works well and their inventory will give you at least a sampling of what's available. You might keep in mind that sometimes a holster for one gun will fit another. Any holster for a 6" L-frame S&W should work for a GP100.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Bianchi makes a " good" leather shoulder holster for the GP 100, the X15...as do several other major holster makers . For starters you may want to check Midway, their holster selection wizard works well and their inventory will give you at least a sampling of what's available. You might keep in mind that sometimes a holster for one gun will fit another. Any holster for a 6" L-frame S&W should work for a GP100.

I want that so bad, unfortunately for me, the largest size they make is 4 inches to small for my chest size, but thats what i am gonna get as soon as I drop about 30 more pounds.

For now, I ordered a Fobus Holster.

BurninBrass

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    between a couple cornfields
    [ame=http://cgi.ebay.com/RUGER-GP-100-CUSTOM-LEATHER-HOLSTER-4-IN-BARREL-/250826908500?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6672e354]RUGER GP 100 CUSTOM LEATHER HOLSTER 4-IN BARREL | eBay[/ame]

I know this auction is for a 4" holster, but he makes them for all barrel lengths. I found him while searching for a holster for an Alaskan and dropped him a message and went from there. Top notch holster maker and an all-around great guy to deal with.

cowboywitek

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Noblesville IN
    anyone know of a good shoulder holster for a GP100 with a 6 inch barrel, I'll rep you if you do.

when ever I carry my S&W 686 4" it goes it the vertical shoulder holster from cabelas. great holster, and the price isn't out the window. I actually wear it around the house because its so comfortable. I selected the 4" model and it fits perfect, there are other models it looks like that are for 6" guns, they should work for your GP100. hope it works.
    Cabela's: Vertical Shoulder Holster

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    when ever I carry my S&W 686 4" it goes it the vertical shoulder holster from cabelas. great holster, and the price isn't out the window. I actually wear it around the house because its so comfortable. I selected the 4" model and it fits perfect, there are other models it looks like that are for 6" guns, they should work for your GP100. hope it works.
    Cabela's: Vertical Shoulder Holster

would you say it would fit a person who wears a 2xl shirt that is tight in the chest?

cowboywitek

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Noblesville IN
    would you say it would fit a person who wears a 2xl shirt that is tight in the chest?

I'd say so. I'm 6' 1" got like a 30" waist, smaller chest build and I almost tighten the elastic all the way, so I would make a good guess that it would fit. if not cabelas has a great return policy.
    TW

Top Bottom