• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Anybody on INGO had this mod done to their LCP?

Evidently, its a $140 mod, a little pricey, but I like the end result*** The slide is refinished in satin black moly-resin but other colors are available. The turn around time is about 2-3 weeks

Innovative Arms - Barrel Adapters

lcpclient2.jpg

lcpclient1.jpg

LCPsights.jpg

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    I must say that I really like the way that LCP looks with the new sights. I would have to say that the biggest downfall of mine, (stock) is the fact that the front sight is so short that I feel it would be worthless as a home defense gun at night. If things go "bump" in the night I feel that it would take too long to try to aim with it (eyes adjust to it). Not only does your mod take care of this but adds night sights. That should be a factory option in my opinion.

Last edited:

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I must say that I really like the way your LCP looks with the new sights. I would have to say that the biggest downfall of mine, (stock) is the fact that the front sight is so short that I feel it would be worthless as a home defense gun at night. If things go "bump" in the night I feel that it would take too long to try to aim with it (eyes adjust to it). Not only does your mod take care of this but adds night sights. That should be a factory option in my opinion.

Not mine, I found this while searching for a Sight Solution for the LCP because of your same thoughts, but I think I'm gonna ship mine off to them, they polish the barrel, and cut the rear dovetail and install a notch sight with cocking serrations on it.

I am waiting to hear back from them to see if they can do tritium front and rear.

Here is some more info
    http://elsiepeaforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=10017.0

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Being that the LCP is strictly a personal SD weapon, I would find night sights on them useless because the situation would be to grab, point and shoot...and in conversational distances, that may be shooting from waist level before you can present your weapon high enough to use the sights. That was the reason they put intregral "bumps" on the slide...to eliminate potential snagging points from your pocket.

My HD gun is not my personal carry SD gun and thus, yes, that particular gun has night sights.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    IMO Ruger could do better, the bumps are tough to see even in the day, I agree in a Self Defense scenario you may or may not get to use them. But I would rather have them than not have them.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    love my lcp.... i just tagged mine with neon bright paint using a tooth pick.... more than enough for a skilled shooter.

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I like the way it looks but I already added a laser. I don't know if I could handle putting anymore money into the Ruger. I do prefer the idea of having real sights on it.

I might try to sell the laser to fund part of the sights.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I think I will stick with an Armalaser. My Sig P238 has night sights, and they are kind of a joke. With that short of a barrel, accuracy at a distance is a real challenge.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I really like my LCP, but I just can't justify spending that kind of money on it. It's not my primary carry gun, I don't plan on doing long distance shooting with it, and if the need to use it in a self defense situation ever came up, it's because things have become a little too up close and personal.

Top Bottom