• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    That is something I will definitely look into over the next few weeks/months. I had also thought about getting some kind of grip for any sort of competitive shooting I might do, but I also really want some of those factory wood grips that are so pretty...

I'm assuming you put the new trigger/sear set in yourself, how difficult would you say that was? So far my only similar experience was installing the LPK on an AR lower...

***Forgot the whole reason I was responding is I was going to ask if you did anything about the magazine safety? Heard something about some kind of bushing that blocks it or something..

I did all of the installs myself, it is really easy if you can follow simple instructions. It looks like alot down in there, but it's really not. Just gotta take your time and pay attention :

http://www.1bad69.com/ruger/internals.htm
    detailstrip

To remove the magazine safety disconnect parts you need to order a hammer bushing made for a Mark II. I would recommend Clark Customs hammer bushing and pin kit. Great fit and function! Remove that silly lawyer feature and tighten up your hammer group to remove slop.

.22 Semi-Auto Pistol Part Details

One thing to note with modifying your Ruger is that if for any reason you have to send it back for warranty work, you will have to reverse everything you've done to save your aftermarket parts. Because Ruger will replace them with factory parts and throw them away.

They make some beautiful grips for these pistols. But as far as function, comfort, and price; it's really hard to beat the hogue grips!

Last edited:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I agree on the front sights...I have been looking at the Hunter that has the front fiber Optic site, I far prefer that over the iron sites. And for take down, get one of these.

I bought a little red plastic clip loader that I got at the local range for $5. Works perfectly on the Rugers. Applied Ballistics sells em.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I much prefer the 22/45 because of the grip angle. But anyone with any kind of handgun should get either the 22/45 or the MKII, they are really just too much fun to pass up.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I much prefer the 22/45 because of the grip angle. But anyone with any kind of handgun should get either the 22/45 or the MKII, they are really just too much fun to pass up.

And I would add the Single Six or Single Ten to that list too. Same Ruger accuracy, same Ruger craftsmanship.....but in a revolver.....

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've got the same pistol. Mine had some bugs to work out when I first got it. There was some crud or a burr somewhere that wasn't allowing the trigger to reset. The gunsmith and I had a heck of a time with it. Then he smack the rear of it with a mallet and it reset and would run for a while. When I got to the range I had to give mine some love taps (unloaded against a palet) to get everything working the way it should but once it smoothed out it's been an amazing pistol. I agree 100% on the hogue grips. Best $25 you can spend on the gun. I also did a VQ mag ejection mod because empty mags weren't falling freely so that was kind of nice too, but hopefully you won't need that either. I've got 3,000 rounds through mine now and can't remember the last time I had an issue with it.

Muntz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    I have a Mark III hunter. Love the trigger and the Fiber Optic sights. Dissasembly is insane the first time you try it. Get a hammer, a dowel rod, etc. I beat the crap out of that thing the first time. Now that I understand the "cycle of operation" it is not that bad. I have a Colt Woodsman 1st Generation as well. The dissasembly on that is almost as bad. They are extremely accurate and fun to shoot.

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've got the same pistol. Mine had some bugs to work out when I first got it. There was some crud or a burr somewhere that wasn't allowing the trigger to reset.

Yeah I did notice an unusual amount of metal shavings in my pistol. I suppose it wasn't more than ordinary, but it seemed to be more than I expected. Didn't seem to affect function, however, as it shot just fine the first time out without any cleaning.

I'm planning on ordering the Hogue grips for it, have them in my shopping cart, but I'm first trying to decide whether or not I want to order this "Truglo Reflex Red Dot Sight" with it. Keep seeing mixed reviews, mostly good, and I know "you get what you pay for, blah blah blah" but I really don't want to spend the money on the high dollar ones for 1.) a rimfire and b.) a type of sight I'm not even sure I'll like.

All I know is the guy working the range at Atterbury let me see his Buckmark with a similar sight [wish I knew which brand] and it seemed like the coolest thing in the world.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I have the same model in stainless. I put in the Volq kit and the Volq extractor (I was getting a ton of stovepipes). Night and day from before the mods. Best $ I ever spent on an upgrade. I love this gun and probably have 10,000 rounds through it since.

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have the same model in stainless. I put in the Volq kit and the Volq extractor (I was getting a ton of stovepipes). Night and day from before the mods. Best $ I ever spent on an upgrade. I love this gun and probably have 10,000 rounds through it since.

Yeah, my AR has sat bone stock since I bought it and I'm thinking this Ruger will be to me what ARs are to mall ninjas.

All I see are possibilities...

Grips
    Trigger
    Axe the magazine safety
    Thread barrel
    Suppressor
    Magazines, magazines everywhere
    Super cool futuristic holographic Obi-Wan Kenobi sighting apparatus

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    This is the red dot that was recommended to me. I shot with it a couple weekends ago and it was set up on a ruger 22 also. It worked really nice. The person's gun I was using shoots a lot of 22 and said for the money you can't go wrong with this sight. It has different brightness levels. Shows in either red or green dot and has different characters for your sights. Either traditional crosshairs, a red dot, crosshairs dot or bullseye. Really neat little red dot sight. It's on my Christmas wish list. BSA Panoramic Red/Green Multi Reticle Holo Sight - Natchez Shooters Supplies
    OSPMRGS.jpg

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Not to hijack, but I am new to shooting, I chose the Mk.3. I have improved a bit, but would like to know what a good grouping would be for you at 25 yards, standard sights. If you are using optics, mention it.

Also. at 25 years, does bulk ammo really effect your groups.

Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    Not to hijack, but I am new to shooting, I chose the Mk.3. I have improved a bit, but would like to know what a good grouping would be for you at 25 yards, standard sights. If you are using optics, mention it.

Also. at 25 years, does bulk ammo really effect your groups.

With practice there is no reason that any of the Ruger MK's shouldn't group under an inch at 25 yds, and yes bulk ammo will affect your groups. If you want to wring the absolute best out of the pistol then you will need to find the target ammo that it likes best. The target grade ammo's are much more uniform and consistent than the bulk ammo's and that is why they cost so much more, you are paying for the quality of the ammunition.

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Had mine apart today to clean after a few hundred rounds over the weekend (pardon the mess) and thought I'd post a pic of how the Clark Customs bushing looks on the Mark III hammer. The Mark II series hammers do not have the step that Mark III's do. So the aftermarket hammer bushings sit on the step, and not flush against it.

1003111907.jpg

Edit: Yeah, my trash cans full. Deal with it. :D

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    This is the red dot that was recommended to me. I shot with it a couple weekends ago and it was set up on a ruger 22 also. It worked really nice. The person's gun I was using shoots a lot of 22 and said for the money you can't go wrong with this sight. It has different brightness levels. Shows in either red or green dot and has different characters for your sights. Either traditional crosshairs, a red dot, crosshairs dot or bullseye. Really neat little red dot sight. It's on my Christmas wish list. BSA Panoramic Red/Green Multi Reticle Holo Sight - Natchez Shooters Supplies
    OSPMRGS.jpg

I have a similar sight on mine and it is so much fun to shoot, its like it is impossible to miss its kinda freaky...
    MarkIII.jpg

Top Bottom