• ...and so much more!
  • Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Read this funny post about Ruger P series pistols today;

Do not buy a Ruger P** new. Here's the common early life cycle of a Ruger P** gun:

1. Broke newbie shooter wants a fancypants polyblack pistol.
    2. Broke newbie shooter can't afford the fancypants polyblack pistol so he settles for a Ruger P** pistol.
    3. Broke newbie just doesn't feel as cool as his fancypants polyblack pistol internet friend.
    4. Broke newbie now can't afford to even feed his Ruger P** because he's busy eating ramen saving extra $$ to be cool like his fancypants polyblack internet friend.
    5. Broke newbie lists his Ruger P** on the internet for $350-400. Gets offended by $250-300 offers. Threatens it's going back into the (non-existent) safe if it doesn't sell. It doesn't.
    6. Broke newbie complains on the internet about the $175 offer from the local gunshop.
    7. Broke newbie gets desperate and is worried his dealer is going to sell the fancypants polyblack pistol he's been fondling since before he bought his Ruger P**.
    8. Broke newbie relists his Ruger P** on the internet for $300.
    9. You buy it.
    10. Broke newbie buys his fancypants polyblack gun and comes to the realization that it doesn't shoot nearly as well as his Ruger P**. Lives with regret and remorse, but he's cool in the eyes of his friends on the internet.

And there you have it. As long as you're there when step #9 comes along, you're golden.

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    My first was a P94. I still have it along with some fancypants polyblack pistols. You never forget your first and I intend to keep the old girl. No matter how ugly some people think she is I still love her.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    Rugers are great guns and very affordable. I am thinking about getting another soon. Fro the price you can beat them. Funny post and honestly alot of truth to that, I have seen that cycle with more than one person.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    If your hands are big enough to wrap around the grips of a Ruger P series, what's not to like about them? They are inexspensive, durable, shoot straight, reliable, did I mention they are inexspensive? You get a lot of bang for your buck. They won't win any beauty contest, but I'm not one for trying to impress someone with a pretty gun.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    P345 has ridden around on my hip, almost every time I have left the house, for the last 6 years. I do have one other gun I carry occasionally, but not often.

Top Bottom