• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Yes, same firearm I bashed for cosmetic defect, wasn't sure if I should update OP or start new, but I digress. :D

Finally took the SR1911 out to range. First range report in here, have mercy INGO Trolls.

1) Flawless function, no problems from 1st round to last (~75 or so). Yes, low count, went after work & was more interested in sighting in new RRA .308
    2) Accuracy as good as I, probably better than I, but as I was only shooter, well...
    3) Did have Conservation Officer swing by, asked if he could handle it, no problem...He loved it, tried to get him to try it out. Seemed to want to, but declined offer.
    4) Sight picture seemed to be POI for me, was at 25 yd range, I'm not good enough to make 2" groups offhand (& won't say I can) but had no trouble hitting 8" target every shot.
    5) Recoil felt good, no real diff. From any other 5" 1911 I've fired.
    6) Trigger was awesome, light consistent pull.
    7) Safety was very light, first time I've ever inadvertently clicked safety on during firing. Changed grip slightly, no more problems.
    8) Overall, I'm happy with purchase, now that I've shot it, would buy it again.

PS: Gave barely north of $600 for it @ LGS, I think it's well worth that, wouldn't pay the $750+ I see them listed for on Gunbroker, @ Gander etc..

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I got one of those as my sponsor gun this year from the Friends of the NRA. Won't get the gun until the dinner on May 5th. Thanks for posting this report, all I have done so far is hold the gun and look it over at the gun shop.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    The difference between 600 and 750.00 is what determines if you're interested in buying or just looking at guns. If you want one, the waiting list is so long that you really can't afford to argue about the price. It's a fantastic piece well worth 750.00 when you find one. About the next best thing is a Springfield 1911 and you can't get those for 750.00. I've had folks offer to sell them for 635.00 but they didn't have one to sell.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    The difference between 600 and 750.00 is what determines if you're interested in buying or just looking at guns. If you want one, the waiting list is so long that you really can't afford to argue about the price. It's a fantastic piece well worth 750.00 when you find one. About the next best thing is a Springfield 1911 and you can't get those for 750.00. I've had folks offer to sell them for 635.00 but they didn't have one to sell.

Right on. I paid 750 for mine because I was sick of trying to find one, and it was worth it to me. The smiles I've had from shooting it the two times I've taken it out are worth it to me. (Not to mention all the hours of caressing it and staring at it!) I guarantee I still wouldn't have found one by now for 600 bucks, unless I happened to be shooting the breeze with Bob at PSS when the UPS truck happened to pull up with the prize on board. Unfortunately, I work during the time it usually comes.

I made up for it on my Remington R1, though. Bob happened to have one when I stopped by one night on my way home. :D

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    Several years ago Winchester introduced the 1894 reproduction lever action rifle in 410 gague (Model 9410). Hardly a single one hit the street. The employees at the stores grabed them up when they came in the door. I had my name on several waiting list for years and never found one to buy. After a few years they stopped making them. I think they were selling for around 450.00. Today they're collector item and selling for 1000.00 if you can find one. Same goes for the SR1911. The employees get first dibs and after that you have to be in the right place at the right time. I paid 750 for mine and I'm glad to have one. My name is still on several SR1911 waiting list and I haven't had a single telephone call. The good folks at Ruger were nice enough the respond to my email requesting information regarding delivery. It will likely be years before some shop get one to sell. The Ruger folks are good people and the SR1911 is a great piece to own whether to shoot or collect. Show me a nicer package for 750.00 and I'd buy it in a heart beat ifin it were 9 MM.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom