• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Checking out my deer rifle today. Needs some work. I started walking up to the target and pulled the revolver. 5 shots pretty good and one a little low and to the right. After I shot it, I stepped it off at 14 yards. So kinda close. First time I have shot it in a year. Sometimes you forget just how much you like something. It's nice to be reminded. If it wasn't almost $1 every shot...I really need to start reloading again.
    1029131259_0001_zps1be35569.jpg

Last edited:

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Nicely done. At my age I start flinching on the second shot. Learned early on to shoot my Blackhawk last.

Maybe you should start feeding your blackhawk some Specials instead of magnums. I have the 7 1/2" barrel, so recoil isnt quite as bad as the shorter ones, but when I am shooting heavy loads, its still a bit to hang on to. My Dads is a real handful to shoot with magnums, having the shorter barrel, and feeding it a diet of 44 Specials let him get familiar with it before stepping up to the kick and boom of full power magnum loads.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Maybe you should start feeding your blackhawk some Specials instead of magnums. I have the 7 1/2" barrel, so recoil isnt quite as bad as the shorter ones, but when I am shooting heavy loads, its still a bit to hang on to. My Dads is a real handful to shoot with magnums, having the shorter barrel, and feeding it a diet of 44 Specials let him get familiar with it before stepping up to the kick and boom of full power magnum loads.

I shot 6 44 mags then 6 44 specials. The specials are just too hohum. Years ago, when I was reloading for the 7 1/2 in., I would load the specials to max or almost max. It was a nice compromise. Something about the mags though. A lot of fun. Wish I hadn't left my ears back where I was shooting the rifle though. Had a headache for a couple hours.:laugh:

Top Bottom