• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    Well it's been 6 Months since I started a quest to collect mostly Ruger Single actions but also other brands of Western single action revolvers. I must say I have been very fortunate to find some rare pieces and have givin them a lifetime home :D The quest still continues to add more, next on the list is a Blackhawk .41 magnum hopefully Old Model 3 Screw. Also plan on picking up several of the Single-six models in several variations. Pics are attached. The .30 Carbine and the .357 convertable I just aquired this weekend. Still pinching myself that these are in my safe. Would love to hear feedback and comments as I'm hungry for knowledge of these type of guns. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Oh and before someone asks.....Yes, eventually a Colt 1st or 2nd generation SAA will find a home at my place .

1958 Blackhawk .357 (top) This one has been fired very little MINT! Is still Unconverted.

1981 Single Six .22 /.22 Magnum (bottom)

DSC04461.jpg

1968 Blackhawk .30 Carbine (top) 1St model year production Unconverted
    1971 Blackhawk .357 / 9MM Convertable (bottom) Unconverted
    Both of these are as New and I'm pretty certain Unfired
    The 9MM cylinder has NO ring around it at all.
    DSC04459.jpg

1954 Great Western Arms .22 Caliber
    This has been in my family since 1956

DSC04464.jpg

2011 New Model Single Six .17 HMR 5-1/2" Barrel LE (Top) This was my 50TH B-Day present from wonderful wife of 29 Years.

2005 New Model Blackhawk S/S .44 Mag (bottom)

DSC04463.jpg

2003 Old Vaquero Polished S/S .45 LC (top)
    2009 Blackhawk Flat top .44 Special LE (bottom)

DSC04462.jpg

This last one is a MINT unfired 3-Screw Super Blackhawk. This one is in shipping and on the way to me from a Gunbroker dealer here in Indiana. Not sure of the exact serial # (pic is blurry) but it appears to be between
    1969 and 1973 due to what looks like an 80- prefix.

44MAG3SCREW.jpg

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have to say...I am in love with the new Ruger Single 6's. My dad had one waaaay back when I was little, was first handgun I ever fired. I am strongly considering one for my kids to shoot. (Most likely will go with the MKIII Hunter though)

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    That is impressive. What about a Bisley, shot one Saturday in 45lc and liked it.

I have a old-model Bearcat and Single-six, want so many more.

blitzen25cat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    south east indiana
    I love the old 3 screw models. I have single sixes from 1957-1958 and 1970. Blackhawks1968-1970 and several vaquaros-one a Bisley with Sanbar Stags on it.If you fire that 30 cal carbine make sure you have very good ear protection.Loudest pistol I've ever fired. Great collection. Best regards:patriot:

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    Thanks for all the comments and complements guys. Planning on adding, A Bearcat, Bisley and more Super Blackhawks for sure. Been concentrating on all the old three screws I can find for the time being. Seems to be lot's of them out there and with the tough economic times, prices seem to be reasonable. My next addition is probably going to be a Blackhawk old model .41 Magnum or some three screw single sixes. I'll continue update my thread as the collection grows. Feel free to PM me pics of your collection's, would love to see them.

slipnotz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    As a cowboy action shooter, there is nothing better than a Ruger Vaquero. They are like an old Timex watch, they take a licking and keep on ticking. Nice collection, you can never have too many Rugers.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Thanks for all the comments and complements guys. Planning on adding, A Bearcat, Bisley and more Super Blackhawks for sure. Been concentrating on all the old three screws I can find for the time being. Seems to be lot's of them out there and with the tough economic times, prices seem to be reasonable. My next addition is probably going to be a Blackhawk old model .41 Magnum or some three screw single sixes. I'll continue update my thread as the collection grows. Feel free to PM me pics of your collection's, would love to see them.

Just a heads-up, when I was at the 1500 last month I remember seeing several three-screw Ruger models, one may have been a .41, don't remember clearly, because as much as I love Ruger single actions, they weren't what I was looking for at the time, lol.

And also as much as I love the single action in general (love their fit in my huge mitts) I distinctly dislike the Bisley grips...

Top Bottom