• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PhilDeez

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    I remember the first time I met my wife's dad we were fifteen. He said "come here son I want to show you something." We went upstairs and he opened his gun safe, my eyes were as big around as dinner plates. He then proceded to say "now that i've introduced you to my guns.... don't make me introduce you to them again." My wife and I have been married for almost nine years and we have a 17 month old daughter, and he still teases me about that. Guess i'll have to get some tips from him in a about 15 years. lol

jlwest1213

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    SE Indiana
    Haha, I have never seen this one. Pretty cool

14121.jpg

jlwest1213

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    SE Indiana
    That's pretty damn funny that you guys still joke about that, cool story!

I remember the first time I met my wife's dad we were fifteen. He said "come here son I want to show you something." We went upstairs and he opened his gun safe, my eyes were as big around as dinner plates. He then proceded to say "now that i've introduced you to my guns.... don't make me introduce you to them again." My wife and I have been married for almost nine years and we have a 17 month old daughter, and he still teases me about that. Guess i'll have to get some tips from him in a about 15 years. lol

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    I believe the only reason I still have some hair left on my head is because I raised 2 boys instead of girls. I would have pulled all of my hair out with the addition of the female equation thrown in.

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    I've given my daughters the advice a fellow DODO (dad of daughters only) gave his daughters.

When you're on a date with a guy, watch how he treats the server at a restaurant. Is he courteous and polite to them? Also, watch things like how he is if he has to wait on some older folks to get through a door - does he act impatient because he has to wait?

Of course he's going to be nice to you, he's trying to impress you. The key is watching how he treats other people - because that's how he really is. :yesway:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I've given my daughters the advice a fellow DODO (dad of daughters only) gave his daughters.

When you're on a date with a guy, watch how he treats the server at a restaurant. Is he courteous and polite to them? Also, watch things like how he is if he has to wait on some older folks to get through a door - does he act impatient because he has to wait?

Of course he's going to be nice to you, he's trying to impress you. The key is watching how he treats other people - because that's how he really is. :yesway:

Good point.

Boonl1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    I have 4 daughters. My wife and daughters hate this, but as a rule, I always invite my daughter's dates inside and just to make friendly conversation and as a matter of simple hospitality show them a few of my collectible firearms and explain their properties, such as my Model 70 chambered in .270 with a muzzle velocity of three times the speed of sound. Friendly commenting that if I had to shoot someone (and I have no reason to do that ....right?) they would be gone before they heard the shot.

So far, I have no unexpected grandchildren.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom