• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Well, Lafayette's Rural King now sports a sign stating that there is now a 24 hour "waiting period" to purchase a MUZZLE LOADER!

Ruarl Kings' headquarters are in Illinois :rolleyes:, and the store manager lists this as the reason for the new company policy.

PLEASE contact Rural King customer service to voice your opinion about this new policy. They have every right to implement it. Still, I felt the need to remind them (store manager) that Wal-Mart does not have a waiting period, and neither does ANYONE else in Indiana!

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Wowsers... That's a new one to me. What an idiotic reason. I'm at Purdue, so I'll mention that when I contact them to at least let them know I'm local.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    That sucks. We have a Rural King in Martinsville that I regularly shop at and although I have never bought a muzzle loader from there I have never heard of anyone having to wait for to pick up their weapon. If I was you I'd ask for my money back and walk over to walmart and buy it from them or a local gun shop.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    That sucks. We have a Rural King in Martinsville that I regularly shop at and although I have never bought a muzzle loader from there I have never heard of anyone having to wait for to pick up their weapon. If I was you I'd ask for my money back and walk over to walmart and buy it from them or a local gun shop.

I've got no less than half a dozen smoke-poles now. I don't need another one, didn't buy one, and would have passed on that anyway.

As I stated earlier, Wal-Mart does NOT have a waiting period. I was just posting this because I found it unbelievably ill-advised. This may not be the season for selling a bunch of muzzle loaders, but I have a feeling this new policy will cost them in the long run if they continue it.

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    Ummm why a wait. It's a muzzleloader. There's not any paperworK or a nics check to begin with. Hell you can mail order them direct to your house! Just stupid..

Last edited:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Hold on! This shooting spree will commence as soon as I can get a new ball down the barrel! Nobody move, and most importantly, nobody attempt to take me down during the 30 seconds that I am armed only with a heavy stick. Just cooperate and some of us will get through this shooting just fine....mainly me.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Ummm why a wait. It's a muzzleloader. There's not any paperworK or a nics check to begin with. Hell you can mail order them direct to your house! Just stupid..

That all depends on the make/model.

SOME muzzle-loading rifles require a 4473; generally it's the "in-line" style rifle.

-J-

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    That all depends on the make/model.

SOME muzzle-loading rifles require a 4473; generally it's the "in-line" style rifle.

-J-

I just purchased a brand new CVA "Electra" in-line muzzle loader this past season. I bought it through the Sportsmans' Guide catalog. Paid cash and it was delivered to my doorstep.

I've yet to see the muzzle loader that required a 4473 transfer.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I just purchased a brand new CVA "Electra" in-line muzzle loader this past season. I bought it through the Sportsmans' Guide catalog. Paid cash and it was delivered to my doorstep.

I've yet to see the muzzle loader that required a 4473 transfer.

T/C, Rossi, and some NEF products are the ones where you'll get stuck with a 4473 due to the receiver accepting other barrels that fire "fixed cartridge" ammo.

I'm sure there are a handful of others, too.

But you're right, not all in-line ML's require a 4473.

-J-

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    the michigan city Big R has the same stupid sign. PLUS THEY CHARGE A TWO DOLLAR "FEE" TO RUN A 4473. WHAT THE ****? Never did like there policy anyways for buying a handgun so there goes another place I will not shop.

Top Bottom