• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Finally made it to the range and got some rounds through my new S&W Bodyguard 380.

It ran great with numerous types of ammo. Started out with 50 rounds of Winchester white box, followed by 50 rounds of blazer, followed by 25 rounds of Fiochi.

Then I did some penetration tests with Corbon, Critical Defense, Silver Tip and white box. I will do a thread on that with some pics.

I finished off sigting in the laser with some corbon and critical defense ammo. It had no problems with any ammo, including 20 rounds of corbon and 20 of critical defense.

Only complaint is at one point the laser shutoff by itself and would not turn back on. Then 20 or so rounds later it came back on and I had no more issues with it. Side note: the laser lens gets VERY dirty and makes laser brightness an issue. HOWEVER within the "normal" use of this pistol that would not be an issue. If you are still shooting after 50 rounds in a defense situation, you need more than a laser!

The gun is more comfortable to shoot than my P3AT was. Sights are nice and a big improvement over the P3AT. Laser? Undecided on that part. I will need some more time with it. I shot better using sights only than using both or laser only. Not sure why. Probably because thats how I am used to shooting?

Bottom line: 100% function with 5 types of ammo (165 total rounds). Laser - 1 issue, time will tell if it returns.
    After another couple hundred rounds, if reliability holds up, this will be my new pocket gun.

Now, do I want to add the XS sights??? decisions decisions...

(Ill get the thread and pics of the ammo test in the ammo forum shortly)

john0286

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Im glad you enjoyed shooting it. I bought mine saturday and shot 100rds of WWB through it. I had excellent groupings at 8 yds although I found myself staging the trigger. My own problem was also that the laser shut off on its own once during the 100rds I shot, I turned it back on and it was fine from there. I was most impressed with the feel of gun and the recoil (or lack there of). I was disappointed most with the long, stiff trigger. I though it might be a bit easier considering the manual safety. Hoping to find a way to lighten it up a little bit.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    I agree. If I could find a way to cut the trigger pull in half, this would be a great pocket pistol.

Apex? You listening? PLEASE!!!

john0286

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    WWB at 11 yards, using laser.

picture.php

Top Bottom