• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    ChinaMart has bike gloves in their bicycle dept. Padded palm and no fingers. Those plus cushion tape and bike innertube on the grips have tamed my 380's a bunch.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Now, I'm sorry if I rubbed your fur the wrong way, just get a little sassy sometimes. FTE is a symptom of limpwristing. I'm not disputing your experience, but once you pull the trigger, the hammer/striker hits the firing pin, and unless there's some malfunction along the way, it goes bang. How you hold it won't affect that. Only what happens after.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Ok, an update of my 380 bodyguard. I cleaned and oiled her (like I should have before ever taking it to the range on my first trip). I got a cheap pair of cycling gloves which was a lifesaver for my shooting hand. Also picked up 100 rounds of WWB. I am happy to say that it shot all 100 rounds without fail except for one, but I think my thumb accidentally hit the magazine release which just barely disengaged the magazine. A sharp pop back into place and I was back on my way. :D. I researched more on the trigger pull and learned to stage it, then fire away. It worked 100% better today and it shot very accurately. I also made sure my trigger finger fully allowed the trigger to reset itself after each pull, something I may have not been doing on my first trip. So, to make a long story even longer, I am definitely keeping my little BG!! :rockwoot:

dlang0920

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    i own the bodyguard 380 and had a keltec 32 but i really like the new ammo coming out in 380 i feel he bodyguard is a very fine shooting weapon but you need to put a few hundred rounds thru it i agree the trigger will lighten up

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Sent one back to SW because of the bad trigger.They fixed it.Free-It is a straight shooting little pistol,but never comfortable to shoot.Polymer frames vibrate.....

vette3667

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2009
    Glad to see the feedback. My dad bought one of these at the last show and is yet to shoot it. (Has been traveling on business). We have plans to shoot it some this weekend. Will try and report back if we see any of the same problems. I just picked up a SIG 238 in the classified section so will have that to compare it to.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    I would love to hear your feedback...I want to shoot another 200 rounds before I feel comfy enough for daily carry. I've already shot 200 rounds with much improved results due to reasons explained earlier. Then I want to test fire the Hornaday critical defense rounds to make sure they are good to go :draw:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom