• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shwaisey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    After hours of research on different models for my first carry gun I have pretty much settled on a M&P 40c

throughout all the reviews I found, I could not find major problems with the design or functionality for the weapon (I will be getting the non-mag safety and with external safety variant)

What I am asking my self now is, are there any M&P users in Indiana that like/dislike for what it is?
    conceal ability/reliability/accuracy/etc.

Any and all advice would be appreciated:rockwoot:

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I have an M&P9c that I carry sometimes. It is has been 100% reliable. It conceals well in a crossbreed supertuck IWB holster. I use the mag without the finger extension when I carry it. Accuracy is acceptable for 3" barrel. They are really nice little guns. I think you will be happy with one.

Shwaisey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    has anyone tried using the after market barrels?
    One reason I am interested in this particular firearm is it's ability to switch barrels and go from a .40 to 9mm in seconds ready to fire.
    talk about SHTF scavenger gun!

swtoombs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    Indianapolis - Southside
    I ended up buying the M&P9c and while I haven't been able to get to the range yet I have been using some snap caps to get used to the trigger pull. Overall I like the look and feel of the gun. I've carried it around the house with an iwb holster at 3:00 on my strong side and it definitely conceals well even with tighter shirts. I do find that it's a little harder to conceal with the pinky extension mag but that's just my personal opinion.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Yeah, 9c here. I carry at about 7:30 (left handed) in a comp-tac MTAC holster I use the mags without the pinky extension for easier conceal-ability. I basically use a two finger grip and find that it works well for me.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    MP 40c

I owned one. Very nice sold it to get a 45c. I have a 9c that I shoot and carry. I have a FS 40 that I bought a Storm Lake 40/9 conv bbl. Works and shoots great.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I carry a 40c daily in a leather OWB at 7:30/8 (lefty here too). I do use the mag pinky extensions.
    Great gun.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I have a 9c and carry it in a Don Hume IWB @ about 3:30. I use the mag extension and don't have any problems concealing it.

It's a great gun. If you add the Apex parts to clean up the trigger and reset a little, it makes a great gun even better.

To the OP - Congratulations and Welcome to INGO!!!!

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Which of the Apex parts do you have installed?

I have a 9c and carry it in a Don Hume IWB @ about 3:30. I use the mag extension and don't have any problems concealing it.

It's a great gun. If you add the Apex parts to clean up the trigger and reset a little, it makes a great gun even better.

To the OP - Congratulations and Welcome to INGO!!!!

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    I carry fs mp .40 as edc and 40c as back up. The 40c has been super reliable just like my fs. Eats every ammo I put through it and has had zero malfuntions.

bankerken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    A stones throw from Michigan
    I have a 40c. Like everyone is saying, it is a great gun. Mine has about 300 rounds through it and had one FTF early on. I polished the feed ramp and no problem since. I do wish I had gotten one with a thumb safety.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Love, love, love mine. Daily carry is a 40c and looking to buy the 40L or 40pro in the near future. Having larger hands the pinky extension was a must for me, but it feels perfect in my hands. Very reliable and exactly what I was looking for in a daily carry piece.

Top Bottom