• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I recently traded in for a used Springfield Mil-spec 1911, I was wondering if anybody could suggest a good place for some parts Ill be looking for very soon. I'd like to put in a drop in beaver tail, the stock one cuts into my hand, and also I'd like to find some of the wood colored U.S. grips for it as well. I believe they are G.I. model grips, but I like them alot, and would like to have them. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I've had good luck with Midway USA but you need to know exactly what you are looking for. Keep in mind that no matter who sells it, a "drop in" beavertail may not drop in.
    I bought an old "Rat" Springfield 1911 dirt cheap about a year and a half ago. Accuracy was all over the place with it.
    I used some of the Wilson replacement parts from their inexpensive lines and they all fit the Milspec SA well. Fit and finish was good and brought the accuracy of the old gun back to acceptable levels for very little cash outlay. I like the old rat gun for carrying in the woods, bad weather, under the seat, etc.
    I look for cheap prices but not cheap parts.

ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    What grips do you currently have? We could setup a possible trade if you like?

The gun came with the all black grips that you see in the pictures of some Mil-specs. I think it should have came with the wood colored ones too, but was used so it didn't. You have a set of the wood U.S. ones laying around? I'd be interested.

Top Bottom