• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Borrowed this from another forum. This is/was a 2" S&W .357. The shooter was not wearing eye protection but only had a cut on his nose. Lucky man! I suspect this will spawn questions about the ammo, etc. I've asked but haven't gotten a reply yet. This is why we wear "eyes"!

standard.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I think I see the problem. It looks like there's a slight crack in the top and half of the wheel is missing. Probably shouldn't have fired it in that condition. I'm not a wheel gun expert, though.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I think I see the problem. It looks like there's a slight crack in the top and half of the wheel is missing. Probably shouldn't have fired it in that condition. I'm not a wheel gun expert, though.

Good eyes there. I would have missed it if you had not pointed it out. Just a bit of duct tape (I prefer silver) & Krazy Glue will take care of it.

Da Bing

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Speculation

There's some speculation that the gun experienced multiple rounds detonating. Other photos show there is a spent round on each side of the cylinder which would indicate such a possibility.........unless it was the last round in the cylinder which blew it up. Two responders had experienced similar events with revolvers detonating more than one round simultaneously. One blamed it on high primers, the other thought it was caused by the cylinder being far enough out of time that the bullet struck the frame. :dunno: Gotta' be scary regardless.

Top Bottom