• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Tractor Supply used to carry them, not sure if they still do. they were good burlap bags, b=very sturdy.

Army Corp of Engineers has warehouses full of them, I'm just not sure where!

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Burlap is the best if you can find them. The poly-mesh bags are more likely to tear after being exposed to the sun & elements for a while (I've had problems in as little as a week).

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I purchased 100 about 10 years ago. I still have them and they are 100% GTG. I keep them stored flat, in a box. They are the white, poly, 17x25 sized, 50 pound capacity. You can find them for about .30 cents each on line.

dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    durability of the bag is key. technically you could make a sandbag out of a plastic marsh sack, its just not going to hold up very well if it gets hit by some sort of projectile. look for something that wont completely shred if hit by a projectile be it a bullet, shrapnel, etc.

topash

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Anywhere
    With this weeks upcoming warm weather, counties that have flooding will have sandpiles and bags available for free at announced pick up points no questions asked. I work near such a site at 6 span bridge in Elkhart.

Top Bottom