• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tandem160

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    I just picked-up two Sava Damlovac knives. One is a 6" Damascus fighter W/ ivory handle and the other is a 7" Damascus bowie w/ a fantastic stag grip. Sava is a certified Master Smith by the A.B.S. (American Bladesmith Society), His work with knives is collector grade but yet he is a local craftsman residing in Plainfiled, IN. The funds to get these two knives from Bob Cheeks (POPs) in Plainfield didn't come easy but, I left his shop without any buyers remorse whatsoever. I had asked Sava to build me a hunter a while back but he is needing time for himself these days. Sava captivated my 16 yr. old son one evening as he described his knife making process. I hope the pics show the layers in these knives because in person it is an impressive sight. The sheath w/ Bowie is a monster. Bob has a couple more in his shop anyone of them would rival the mass custom builders of today. I would NOT trade either of these knives for any ESEE, Randall or "whomever made" just for the fact that me and my son met the craftsman that hand cut, forged, hammered and shaped these two wonderful pieces. The ivory handle knife is my sons, partially funded from chore money, and the stag is all mine. If you have look at the A.B.S. Mastersmtih certification process!!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom